Aperion Audio Verus III Grand Bookshelf Speaker.

Hi -Fi Haven

Hi -Fi Haven

Audioholic Intern
Pros: Clear detailed highs. No exaggerated brightness or harshness.
Very detailed midrange.
Nice tight punchy bass.
Excellent detail center imaging.
Great for both music and movies.
Not picky about placement.
Very easy to power.
Excellent build and finish quality.

Con: A bit pricey

Hey if anybody out there is looking for bookshelf speakers that are great for both movies, take a look at the Aperion Audio Verus III V5B bookshelf speaker. 899 USD Pair.
I have had a pair in house for a little over a week now and am really impressed by their performance so far. We are using these in a 5.1.2 setup in our TV room. We were looking to downsize from our Emotive Airmotiv T1+ speakers without sacrificing sound or performance quality. The Verus III Grand V5B bookshelf speakers seem up to the task.

TV Room System: 65 inch Sony Bravia XR X90J TV.
Marantz SR-5015 AVR.
Parasound Halo A23 125 WPC.amplifier for the mains.
ADCOM GFA-5400 125 WPC amplifier for the 2 Atmos speakers
Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD player.
Apple TV 4K 64G 2021 model
Roku Ultra 2021 model.
Fire TV Cube.
Emotiva Airmotiv C1+ center channel speaker.
Emotiva Airmotiv E2+ for surround and height speakers.
Klipsch R-100SW subwoofer.

For music listening my primary source is my Amazon Fire TV Cube and Amazon music HD. I love the FLAC 24 bit 96kHz and 24bit 192.4kHz offerings the most. I play mostly classic rock, bebop, hardbop, classical And baroque music. But have been known to crank up Dua Lipa! The Verus III Grand V5B speakers are 68” center to center apart, and 94” from the listening position. The speakers are positioned straight into the room. During music playback center imaging is at the exact midpoint between the speakers. Vocals and instrumental solos are crisp and detailed. In my room and with my system center imaging is holographic coming into the room. For example during a Jazz instrumental solos the percussion emanates from behind the soloist. High frequencies are open and detailed. Even with heavy cymbal oriented Jazz I have not experienced any brightness or harshness. The midrange is very detailed. Instrumental solos sound excellent. Bass is tight and punchy never boomy. However I use the Verus III Grand V5B bookshelf speakers with a subwoofer during 2 channel listening just to add to the experience.
When it comes to movie soundtracks the Verus III Grand V5B bookshelf speakers excel here too. When used in a 2.1 configuration dialogue is crisp and clear. In a 5.1.2 configuration the Verus IIi Grand bookshelf speakers accept mains duty with a smile on their face. They have performed in a most stellar fashion with every Dolby Atmos and DTS: X soundtrack that I have thrown at them. Another thing that I love about the Verus III Grand speakers is that they blend seamlessly with the rest of my speakers.
The pair I have is the glossy cherry finish. The speakers are stunningly beautiful. The gloss finish is flawless. The Verus III Grand V5B speakers come with high quality well built magnetic grills. On the rear the speakers are equipped with dual five way binding posts, and a reflex port.
I really don’t have any complaints about the Aperion Audio Verus III Grand V5B bookshelf speakers. However at this price point I would of liked to see 6.5 inch drivers in place of the 5.25 drivers that they come with.

Specifications: Weight 13 lbs.
Height: 13 inches. Width: 7.5 inches. Depth: 9 inches.
Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms.
Sensitivity: 85dB.
Tweeter: 1 inch silk dome.
Driver: 5.25 inch woven Kevlar with 1 inch aluminum phase plug.
Type: 2 way bass reflex. Rear ported.
B8BDB126-B32D-4A3C-90D9-C371686176D9.jpeg
A0D591D0-4B14-45D4-84CF-D924F4A33B31.jpeg
CA67FF64-1209-4E5F-B6EA-9AABE549DD55.jpeg
13BC9B58-4852-49C2-8143-B886E679170A.jpeg

Last edited:
P

paulgyro

Junior Audioholic
Nice review. I'm considering their towers. Does it say anywhere where the speakers are made?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice review. I'm considering their towers. Does it say anywhere where the speakers are made?
2001 – Edge Audio is changed to Aperion Audio. ..... Manufacturing was moved to China.

P

paulgyro

Junior Audioholic
Thanks, I missed that. I figured as much but was wondering to make sure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis