Aperion Audio Verus Grand Loudspeaker System Reviewed

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
"Why are speaker companies still tweaking designs of speakers?" New models = new reviews = new press coverage. New factories open and old factories close. Different and/or cheaper engineering solutions are developed to work with the firmly established, stable, highly confirmed, well understood science of acoustics. Different subjective preferences are catered to. Lots of reasons.

Of course there are things science doesn't understand. That doesn't mean you get to imagine whatever you want, or to ignore what science DOES already know with a high degree of certainty.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
So, mea culpa.

Though I think my previous post is a passable differentiation of 'scientific theory' and vernacular 'theory', using definitions, my post is not 100% correct.

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
I dunno, ReUpRo, your post looks pretty spot-on to me. "rule or set of principles that generate testable predictions" is a pretty good standard definition of theory. I prefer "explanation" as a one word synonym in informal discussion, but of course that needs to be fleshed out in terms of what "explanation" means in science (which ismore or less "rule or set of principles that generate testable predictions").

Last edited by a moderator:
U

UNCMT9

Enthusiast
Verus towers on sale for $799 each right now...

Last edited:
ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
I wonder how these sound vs. the EMP e55ti. They're a tad more than 2x the price ($700/pr vs. $1600/pr). They both use the MTM configuration at the top with a midwoofers at the bottom (2 on the Aperion's vs. 3 on the EMP's; the Aperion's are likely nicer, more xmax/xmech, etc though)

I've always thought the Aperion Verus Grand Towers looked AMAZING. Love the curve and style.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder how these sound vs. the EMP e55ti. They're a tad more than 2x the price ($700/pr vs. $1600/pr). They both use the MTM configuration at the top with a midwoofers at the bottom (2 on the Aperion's vs. 3 on the EMP's; the Aperion's are likely nicer, more xmax/xmech, etc though)

I've always thought the Aperion Verus Grand Towers looked AMAZING. Love the curve and style.
I don't think they'll sound any better than your system. That's how I feel. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Plus, the new Aperions @ $799 won't sound as good as mine because mine were $1k.
How the speaker sounds is connected to all of our senses and emotions - how we feel, remember, see, know, what others say, etc.

They need to come out with a $20,000 flagship speaker. Then they will earn the high-end status and only then will they sound as good. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis