APC Silver Blowout Sale!

victord1

Audiophyte
Loose rear connector plate

Hi, everyone. I just received my APC H15 last night. Upon closer inspection this morning, I found that the back (greyish) plate/module which contains all of those power outlets is loose. I don't know if I can pull the whole module out, but I can definitely wiggle it side to side.

This is the second unit the AH sent to me. The first one has a scratch/nick next to the LCD display. Since I haven't returned the first unit yet, I checked its power outlet module and found that it was also little loose..

So, is this normal???? Or should I just ask AH for another (third) exchange unit????

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
Hi, everyone. I just received my APC H15 last night. Upon closer inspection this morning, I found that the back (greyish) plate/module which contains all of those power outlets is loose. I don't know if I can pull the whole module out, but I can definitely wiggle it side to side.

This is the second unit the AH sent to me. The first one has a scratch/nick next to the LCD display. Since I haven't returned the first unit yet, I checked its power outlet module and found that it was also little loose..

So, is this normal???? Or should I just ask AH for another (third) exchange unit????
Mine was in excellent shape, must be bad luck!!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Just picked up two of these at Amazon through Tiger Direct for $99 each shipped. Amazing deal for the two flat screens and audio equipment. With all the wind storms we've had, this is cheap insurance.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
I now have a black H15
Before:

After:

A guy on another forum took his apart a painted it and so did I.

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
I now have a black H15
A guy on another forum took his apart a painted it and so did I.
Can you please give details:

What kind of paint did you use?
How difficult was it to paint?
How well does it come apart?
Did you prime it or rough up the metal to get it to stick?
Did you have to tape it off?
Do all of the panels come off?
etc...:confused:

Thanks

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I too would love for mine to be black, but I can live with the silver, it actually kinda matched the dvr that is sitting on top of it.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Looks nice. Except you lose the "H15 Power Conditioner" logo on the bottom right. Now you're really going to confuse visitors with all the little blue holiday lights (not that they'll have a clue what conditioned power is). ;)

I was blown away by the weight of this thing, but the Boa cord sticks out like a sore thumb. I've got to flip my outlet in the wall around. Here in central Ohio, the knucklehead builders install the power outlets upside down. Now the cord goes "up" at a 45 degree angle instead of down.

For $99, this could be the buy of the season.

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
Its no longer $99. It was last night and I was going to order one today. Just my luck and I think I need it. I just posted a new thread about a hum in my speakers asking if this would help. But Im not paying 199 for it when 10 hours ago it was only $99.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
It does look very nice. I just wonder about the need for a power conditioner. I read a very clever article at http://www.theaudiocritic.com/back_issues/The_Audio_Critic_26_r.pdf. The article is something like The 10 Great Lies.... or something like that, but lie number 8 has to do with power conditioners. According to this article, "Your audio circuits don’t know, and don’t care, what’s on the AC side of the power transformer. All they’re interested in is the DC voltages they need."

I think I've even seen some articles here stating that most gear doesn't need a power conditioner. Maybe projectors as a way to extend bulb life (but I don't get why that would be so).

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
APC 15 back down to 99

Just letting everyone know the APC15 is back at 99. And also I figured out if you go to live.com and type in ebay till the little symbol shows up on one of the search results click on that ebay link then buy the APC15 buy it now you also get 11% cashback from the live.com site. I just bought another one this way and checked my live account and I have $11 pending. So in all i paid 88 for the APC15!!! Just little info for you all. ;)

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
It does look very nice. I just wonder about the need for a power conditioner. I read a very clever article at http://www.theaudiocritic.com/back_issues/The_Audio_Critic_26_r.pdf. The article is something like The 10 Great Lies.... or something like that, but lie number 8 has to do with power conditioners. According to this article, "Your audio circuits don’t know, and don’t care, what’s on the AC side of the power transformer. All they’re interested in is the DC voltages they need."

I think I've even seen some articles here stating that most gear doesn't need a power conditioner. Maybe projectors as a way to extend bulb life (but I don't get why that would be so).
I've read similar articles...and have even been given advice from folks on this forum that they aren't needed. Therefore, I have stayed away from this deal. I would rather save my money for room treatments.

Cheers,

Chris

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
They may not be needed but I jusr like to be carefull. And besides one more component in the set up makes it look even better ;) and it also matches my Emotiva amp with matching blue lights. Lol. I like alot of components. The more the better.:D

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I've read similar articles...and have even been given advice from folks on this forum that they aren't needed. Therefore, I have stayed away from this deal. I would rather save my money for room treatments.

Cheers,

Chris
I didn't buy mine for the power conditioning factor. I think there are uses for them but only for a small group of people with power issues. I'm running mine on the fine setting so I'm obviously not one of the few, but it gives better surge protection than the Panamax strip I was using.
And now that I had the face plate re-anodized and painted everyting else black it looks good with the rest of my gear.
It can finally come out of hiding without the fear of rejection from the rest of the black electronics.:D

J

jjminch

Junior Audioholic
Just letting everyone know the APC15 is back at 99. And also I figured out if you go to live.com and type in ebay till the little symbol shows up on one of the search results click on that ebay link then buy the APC15 buy it now you also get 11% cashback from the live.com site. I just bought another one this way and checked my live account and I have $11 pending. So in all i paid 88 for the APC15!!! Just little info for you all. ;)

Looks like they are back up to $199. Damn

C

clayman88

Junior Audioholic
Does anyone know if these sale prices will be back again? Anywhere else have them for cheap?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis