APC Silver Blowout Sale!

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
so far not too thrilled with the service from the audioholics store. I emailed about the problems with my unit and it took them 2 days to respond then I received an email at 12:30 this morning with a return shipping label, then at 10:30 this morning a FedEx guy knocks on the door to pick it up. No mention of this in the email or any consideration as to if I would even be home. The only reason I was home was because I was sick. :mad:

P

pbenj

Enthusiast
Took delivery today

Ordered last Thursday. I guess they were temporarily on backorder. Received tracking number on Tuesday and it shipped from MI on Wednesday. I was caught off guard when I first tracked the unit as the UPS site stated that a signature was required. I verified the requirement of a signature with Audioholics via E-mail. There was nothing they could do to undo the signature requirement. When I found out the estimated deliivery date was 2/13 I was relieved as I was scheduled to work from home.

It arrived @ 4:30pm in MA, packaged in the APC box. Joe at Audioholics customer service stated that sometimes if an item is shipped in the manufacturer's box it may require a signature. If it was packaged within another box it wouldn't require a signature.

The sucker is heavy and the power cord is a "MONSTER". After taking it out of the box I shook it and there were no rattles. Pluged it in and my voltage was 124v. I have a dedicated 15A power line just for my home theater. I installed it in my Standout Designs Horizon n702 TV stand and plugged all my current components (JVC CRT TV, CM-7000 DTV converter box, Panasonic RV32 DVD & Channel Master Rotor control box). I verified all RF In/Out functioned properly. With all units powered on the current draw was @ 1.2A.

So everything was uneventful and I am very happy. I really wanted a black unit but 149.99 delivered was a deal and I could not rationalize speding $200+ more for a black unit.

Soon I should be replacing my RX-V3800 that I already sold with a RX-Z7 and I will be getting a LN52A650 flat screen. I can't wait to hear it all plugged in and working with my Definitive Technology...BP2006TL mains, C/L/R 2300 center and BP2X surrounds. I'm Psyched.

Http://uselessinf0.blogspot.com

Last edited:
R

richh

Audiophyte
H15 Rack Mount

Am I reading the manual correctly in that the H15 cannot be rackmounted using the supplied ears?

The ears seem like they would be able to suport the weight.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Why would they supply you with the mounts if you can't rack mount it?

T

The Viking

Audioholic
Surprisingly, the rack mounting is just to keep it in place. The manual indicates that you need a shelf to support it.

Jason

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
The feet on my unit are also black and maybe a little bit bigger than those.

T

tdamocles

Junior Audioholic
I just received my h15 and I had a screw rolling around inside. I opened it up and noticed that it had popped off one of the standoffs. I tried to screw it in but it really didn't tighten....it just kept turning. I tried to tighten another screw and it also did the same thing.... I closed it up and hooked it all up, including Comcast HD DVR through the coax connections. I turned it all on and did not get a picture. I called comcast to make sure that I was getting a signal to and fro...They said yes but also said that I might not have enough signal to get any channels. It must have been enough insertion loss with an already weak signal which was causing problems. I just happened to have a signal booster in the house and hooked it up with success. I now have everything working.......

S

soloz2

Junior Audioholic
Mine has large feet, but those in the picture appear to be silver/chrome color.
Mine does not have that. Is that what you mean?
The feet on my unit are also black and maybe a little bit bigger than those.
the feet on mine are gray metal and look like the they are missing a chrome ring that would normally fit around them to make them look better, or more like the picture.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
the feet on mine are gray metal and look like the they are missing a chrome ring that would normally fit around them to make them look better, or more like the picture.
I guess if the shoe fits ...well u know..spare parts need homes too.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
Pulled the trigger on a H15 today.From what i have been reading and seeing I can't wait to add this to my system.Should be here Monday:)

I

Ironhorse

Audiophyte
I ordered mine Wednesday should be here today. I was looking at the monster brand, glad I waited.

F

Funkmonkey

Junior Audioholic
This one is very hard to pass up... This will be my first foray into power conditioning. My apartment has some voltage fluctuations that are undeniable. Hopefully this unit (H15) will provide the voltage regulation that I need, and at that price it is worth trying out. Would have chosen black, but silver is okay too, matches my pre, and my power amp.

Cheers,
Funk

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
Pulled the trigger on a H15 today.From what i have been reading and seeing I can't wait to add this to my system.Should be here Monday:)
I got mine today(tuesday)very easy to get up and running,for the price these things are going for, it's a must buy.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
I checked with Audioholics and they said they still have quite a few of the H15s in stock.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one at this price.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
Here are numbers with EVERYTHING running:
power-340VH
21%
V out-124vac
I out-2.7A
vin-124vac
Freg-60hz

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
No RJ-45

Got my H15, but wish it had RJ-45 connections (ethernet), now I am trying to come up with a way to surge protect them as well as protect them against RFI or I will be returning it.:(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For those who want to save a little coin, but give up the support of the AH Store, TigerDirect (through Amazon) has the APC15 for $100 shipped. They are in stock as of this post.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis