APC Silver Blowout Sale!

Cruise Missile

Cruise Missile

Full Audioholic
If silver doesn't do it for you, paint it! After all thats like $300 off, however I believe you'd void the warranty. I personally don't care for silver components but I can't justify the price difference for black. I ordered mine last night !

N

ned

Full Audioholic
Only the H15 is on all the time. Everything else hooked up to it remains in standby until it's time to turn them on.
That means I have to turn each component individually and since most amplifiers don't have remotes, I'll have to do this manually.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That means I have to turn each component individually and since most amplifiers don't have remotes, I'll have to do this manually.
The H15 has a DC trigger input (and passthrough output) that can be used to turn on components plugged into the "Delayed" outlets.

For more information, you can check out the owner's manual at the link here.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I ordered 3 of the H15s. The trigger feature will come in handy when I get my amps. I also want to try one with my coffee roaster because my profiles have been limited by voltage suckage.

Jim

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
The H15 has a DC trigger input (and passthrough output) that can be used to turn on components plugged into the "Delayed" outlets.

For more information, you can check out the owner's manual at the link here.
is it worth running the digital cable coax though this unit?

I mean is it worth the db drop ? if there is one ?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi

I really have no idea about the dB drop. The cable is being fed from an external source, so I personally would prefer to have some level of surge protection on it. You could always connect it directly to the TV and then through the unit to see if you could tell a difference in video quality.

B

Bryant Trew

Audiophyte
That's unusual. I had a few PC based power conditioners go bad from them on me and they were quick to replace them.

Thanks,
I'll try this guy.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

I measured less than .5dB drop running my FIOS service into one of my H15s. Its worth it IMO.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered mine today if Im going to build the best possible HT system to suit all my needs I better have some protection,might kick myself in the @$$ later on if I dont....

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
I watch a lot of Holmes on Homes, and everytime they do any electrical work the electrician (the Mario looking one) always installs a whole house Surge protection system.

Apparently they're fairly inexpensive to purchase, but the installation which has to be done by a lisenced electrician is the wallet buster.

Does anyone know anything about these products? I've been trying to do some research and haven't really come up with anything concrete on how well they protect a home.

Most of them offer very large insurance refunds on anything connected anywhere in your home. Albeit don't look nearly as cool as that APC model.

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
ok,I ordered one :)

the process is a pain in the *** though :mad:

Last edited:
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I watch a lot of Holmes on Homes, and everytime they do any electrical work the electrician (the Mario looking one) always installs a whole house Surge protection system.

Apparently they're fairly inexpensive to purchase, but the installation which has to be done by a lisenced electrician is the wallet buster.

Does anyone know anything about these products? I've been trying to do some research and haven't really come up with anything concrete on how well they protect a home.

Most of them offer very large insurance refunds on anything connected anywhere in your home. Albeit don't look nearly as cool as that APC model.
It depends. The ones my dad uses when he builds a house (my house for example) cost around $1000 for the equipment (it is hard to say what the installation cost in this case because when it goes in in a new build, they just put it in as they are putting in the breaker panel, so the billed hours are lumped in with that). The electrician says the cheaper equipment doesn't really work, and honestly, I believe him.

There are some available that are $200. I don't recall the specs on them, but for something that is supposed to protect the whole house, the $200 ones were basically useless. The $1000 ones, on the other hand, had specs that would be expected for a whole house system.

I am a big fan of them. The nice thing about it is that I can plug anything into any outlet (cable notwithstanding) and not ever worry about it getting toasted.

Anyway, I bought an H15s on Saturday because when I am done with college this summer, I am not going to be able to put in a whole house system in my own house for a while.

Last edited:
Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
What is the big difference between the C3 and C5 besides more outlets and a slightly higher surge rating? APC's site says the C3 doesn't have lightning and surge protection which seems erm...nonsensical to say the least. I thought that besides filtering, these were somewhat high end surge protector strips? Can someone assist? I'm trying to determine if what I need is the C3 or C5 and I'm not sure what exactly the difference is.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I couldn't help myself, I had to bite on the H15.
I'm having that shipped to work. It's gonna be a tough sell to the GF. Wish me luck on that.:eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I couldn't help myself, I had to bite on the H15.
I'm having that shipped to work. It's gonna be a tough sell to the GF. Wish me luck on that.:eek:
Reading that has given me a sinking feeling of dread that I sometimes get right before something I have done that needs to be kept a secret gets uncovered. Oh I wish you you hadn't gone and done that.

I got it. Tell her you are going to order it and stand your ground no matter what. Do not admit to having already ordered it. Anything but that.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got it. Tell her you are going to order it and stand your ground no matter what. Do not admit to having already ordered it. Anything but that.
I'd take a different approach. Fry one of your electronics. Yes, yes...it's tough, I know. However, that component will die so that you may live. Once you've fried something, tell her that you better get a surge protector. BAM. New surge protector, plus a new something else (just fry something that you want to replace :)).

Shintsu

Shintsu

Banned
Seriously guys, I don't want to piddle around until the sale ends but the C3 won't be any good if it's not a surge protector. Didn't anyone buy the cheap stuff to tell of it? I don't have the spare cash for a H15...

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Reading that has given me a sinking feeling of dread that I sometimes get right before something I have done that needs to be kept a secret gets uncovered. Oh I wish you you hadn't gone and done that.

I'd take a different approach. Fry one of your electronics. Yes, yes...it's tough, I know. However, that component will die so that you may live. Once you've fried something, tell her that you better get a surge protector. BAM. New surge protector, plus a new something else (just fry something that you want to replace :)).
At some point I'll have to come clean and tell her. I'll explain the need for protection against lighting and power surges. And ask for forgiveness.
I'll must likely wait till she's asleep, that's usually the best time.:D

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
At some point I'll have to come clean and tell her. I'll explain the need for protection against lighting and power surges. And ask for forgiveness.
I'll must likely wait till she's asleep, that's usually the best time.:D

yep !

B

Bryant Trew

Audiophyte
Well so far no response from APC from either contacts. I have a dead $300 surge protector that is only six months old. The least they could do is respond! Buyer beware!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis