Anything like Squeezebox Boom w/ NAS compatibility?

B

BG3

Audioholic
I'm looking for something like the Squeezebox Boom that will work w/ a network hard drive or NAS. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

B

BG3

Audioholic
bump. Should this be posted in a different area? Or, are there just no other options...

jinjuku

jinjuku

No, this area is most likely the best. Can you shoot me a link so I can take a look?

Thx.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Most products like the Squeezebox are going to require some form of intelligent back end if the device it's self isn't intelligent. I will keep an eye out. You would be looking for a portable music player with most likely a web interface (like a firewall) that you use to configure the source.

Have you tried calling Logitech?

B

BG3

Audioholic
Most products like the Squeezebox are going to require some form of intelligent back end if the device it's self isn't intelligent. I will keep an eye out. You would be looking for a portable music player with most likely a web interface (like a firewall) that you use to configure the source.

Have you tried calling Logitech?
Yeah, I was hoping to have a portable player that i could take down to my dock instead of having to use the boat's system that is pretty well aimed within the seating area of the boat itself.

The CFO has called Logitech a couple of times. No NAS or networked hard drive capability unless a networked computer is up and running. It will play Pandora and other internet radio sources w/o a computer.

One other major glitch to this is the lack of on-board power. I'd have to run a drop cord...

Hmmm.... maybe I should just use my Zone 3 and wire some speakers at the dock. Would probably sound better anyways.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis