Anyone use Km-897 or 893 amps???

L

lostsoul74

Audioholic Intern
Just picked up a kenwood km-893 off ebay for 60, rated 120 wpc. I also found a km897 on the net for an affordable price. Does anyone know the specs on the km-897, one site 100 wpc 2 channnel, another 130 wpc, 4 channel, anyone know for sure???. Also does anyone use these amps, and will they be sufficient to drive a pair of 150 watt Monsoon fpf series planer hybrids?? (front set 4 ohm fpf-1000, and rears 6 ohm fpf-600). And would this be a good match. I already got the kenwood cause I saw it for a deal as i watched another bid end at 180. The other is undecided cause i dont know how this will work out yet, but dont want to miss the deal if so ya know. Anyone know off hand???

Heres the specs for the Monsoons

Review at a glance
Monsoon Audio - FPF-1000 PFT™ Speaker System

Specifications:

System: 3-way
Tweeters: 1 x Level 9™ PTW-500 Planar Magnetic Transducer
Mid-Range: 2 x Level 9™ PTR-700 Planar Magnetic Transducer
Woofers: 2 x 6.5" long throw polypropylene cone, magnetically shielded, non-resonant frame
Cabinet Configuration: Bass Reflex, low compression port
Cabinet Volume: 20L
Input Terminal: 3 way binding post, bi-ampable/biwireable
Cabinet Finish: Black
Blade Finish: Walnut Veneer or Black
Grill Finish: Matte black perforated metal
Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 88 dB
Frequency Range: -6 dB at 32 Hz and 20 kHz
Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
Crossover Frequencies: 400 Hz and 5 kHz
Recommended Amp Power: 30W * 250W
Dimensions: 52"H x 10"W x 12.5"D
Weight: 50 pounds each

(for now the reciever will just be my pioneer for now, hk later down the line, but i figure with seperate amps, with the new encoding from the reciever, my speakers should produce like they did before I blew my last reciever)

Attachments

L

lostsoul74

Audioholic Intern
did it again, saw a deal and didnt think it through. Does anyone at least have a guess if a say early 90's 2 channel amp would drive a 4 ohm load. And also, my monsoons are biampable, they come factory connected together, if I seperate and bi-amp, does that drop me down to 2 ohms or 8 ohms. Guess I should of thought of that before I tossed a few bucks on an amp. either way it was a deal. Thanks for the input, and guesses.

R

Renzoelgitano

Audiophyte
I bought a KM 894, because i have a pair of demanding towers, my small marantz 1509 distorts a bit when i pushed at high volumes, so i used the kenwood to power the towers and the sound became fuller and more expressive.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I bought a KM 894, because i have a pair of demanding towers, my small marantz 1509 distorts a bit when i pushed at high volumes, so i used the kenwood to power the towers and the sound became fuller and more expressive.
Only took 18+ years for a response!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis