Anyone try the new Batman yet?

Matt34

Matt34

I've been talking to my brother who is usually very critical when it comes to gaming but has nothing but praise for this on. I haven't bought a new game for the PC in a long time but might hae to check this out. Anyone else have it?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
If you're talking about Batman Arkham Asylum, that game was freakin' awesome!! When it was over, I was bummed and wanted more.

Great plot, great voice acting, sweet graphics, I have nothing bad to say about it. I can't wait for another one. I'd like to see more characters like Nightwing, Mr. Freeze, The Riddler, etc.

BigSkreen

BigSkreen

Junior Audioholic
I'm not normally a fan of the Splinter Cell type games but this game was amazing on several fronts.

1. Plot - It was like watching a Batman movie. It has nothing to do with the movies that have been released but follows more along the original animated series. The plot essentially is Batman brings Joker back to Arkham Asylum and all hell breaks loose. There are several twists and turns to keep you hooked.

2. Voice acting - The people who voice act this are the same people who voice acted the original animated series or at least the main characters were. This includes Mark Hamill as the Joker. Both he and the guy who does Batman are phenomenal in this.

3. Graphics - Stunning period. The detail you will see in this game is unmatched. As Batman takes hits and gets beat up over the course of the game his costume gets rips and cape gets torn. These are persistent over the whole game. I actually enjoyed the cut scenes so much I felt like I was watching a movie.

I normally don't like the sneak around games and in this one with a few exceptions I didn't have to remain completely undetected. You typically use stealth to take out a room of enemies and true to the Batman franchise you mostly render people unconscious.

If I had one gripe it would be how often you use detective mode. Detective mode alters your vision which allows you to see secrets the Riddler has left all over the game. It sort of washes out the color which takes away from the stunning visuals in the game. I beat the game but if I didn't have CoDMW2 to play I would still be playing this game going around looking for the rest of the riddles/puzzles.

In short if you are a gamer I encourage you to get the demo and try it out. If you really like it pick up the game because it really sets the tone for the entire game.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis