Anyone remember the DTS 5.1 albums from back in the day?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like Amazon has a few of Deadwing Deluxe set still. Burning Shed sold out.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
This thread had me going back into my disc drawer. So, thanks for that.
IMG_4074.jpeg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Say @drummertime, I notice you have an LG OLED TV. While Amazon Music and Apple Music do not support Dolby Atmos output with their LG TV and XBOX Series X/S apps, Tidal supports Dolby Atmos output on LG TVs. You can get a 30 day free trial of Tidal HiFi Plus that includes Dolby Atmos output. Just remember to cancel it before the trial runs out to avoid a charge.

If you want to try it, sign up online. Then, connect your TV to your network if it is not already and make sure eARC is functional. Press the Home button on the remote controller and scroll over to the app store. Type in Tidal and download it. You’ll need a Smart device or PC to link account to the device. Once done, Tidal will start up and inform you that your TV supports Dolby Atmos and it is available for playback. Then, start looking for Dolby Atmos selections.

Tidal seems to be the most hated service out there but it actually has the broadest Dolby Atmos device support. Even the Amazon Fire Cube and the Apple TV 4K support Tidal’s Dolby Atmos tracks. Though, Tidal is not available at all on the XBOX Series X/S. Anyway, it’s a free option for a month for anybody with an LG OLED TV. I’m currently using it as I type. I just need to remember to cancel it.;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think I only have one or two DTS multich CDs....Allman Brothers at Fillmore East and can't think of the other, a classical disc I think. Wish I had collected more of them (and dvd-a).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis