Anyone read any Denon AVP-A1HDCI reviews yet?

B

boe

Audioholic
Hello,

I see some people have started to receive their Denon AVP-A1HDCI units. I was curious if any of the HT publications have done a review yet?

Thanks

B

boe

Audioholic
Anyone know of a professional trade magazine or some such publication where they are scheduled to review this pre-pro?

Thanks

B

boe

Audioholic
Auughh - can't wait any longer, must hold on...

I'm going crazy - I feel like a kid before christmas - I'm really hoping this preamp is everything I want it to be! Hopefully we'll see some reviews from unbiased sources soon!

B

boe

Audioholic
Bueller?

I can't believe there are still no reviews to be found on this prepro. I guess the HT community wasn't as interested in this as I was. Maybe the price is too high for people to work up enough enthusiasm.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Do you think MAYBE denon hasnt got the units out to the reviewing partys? If they dont send them what would you expect reviewers to do?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Actually I got the first Denon separates review samples in the country in my test lab now :D

Problem is I am vacationing in Colombia right now so my testing will have to wait until I return in April :(

Thus you could say I am single handedly holding up the review process of these products in the industry but don't blaim me for the long lead time it took them to ship to me. I warned Denon 2 months ago about my upcoming vacation.:rolleyes:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Actually I got the first Denon separates review samples in the country in my test lab now :D

Problem is I am vacationing in Colombia right now so my testing will have to wait until I return in April :(

Thus you could say I am single handedly holding up the review process of these products in the industry but don't blaim me for the long lead time it took them to ship to me. I warned Denon 2 months ago about my upcoming vacation.:rolleyes:
What a bum.:D j/k

Enjoy your vacation.:)

majorloser

majorloser

I see no reason why you couldn't have left it at my house while you were gone. :mad:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

I would rather get it done right than rush it.

So April is fine.

progprog

progprog

Enthusiast
Hello,

I see some people have started to receive their Denon AVP-A1HDCI units. I was curious if any of the HT publications have done a review yet?

Thanks
I and other owners have started posting our own very positive impressions, but as of March 27 I have yet to see a pro review. Keep in mind that these are very richly-feature units and it's going to take a fair amount of time to conduct a really thorough review. Add publication lead times, and I imagine it'll be a few more weeks.

A

Adam_G

Audiophyte
Review Update?

Any updates on when we can look forward to the Denon review?

B

brulaha

Audioholic
I believe Gene had to send the first unit back and just received the second replacement unit. I'm guessing it will be a while longer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis