Anyone like the Bee Gees?

S

snfever

Audiophyte
Okay, so these guys never get the praise they deserve for making such crazy good music back in the day. I'm not the hugest disco fan but these guys made some jams. I got a hold of their Number 1's album from a buddy at universal and I've just been playin this nonstop, kinda like I do whenever i get a new cd. But still.......these guys are legends.
Anyone like the BeeGees? Thoughts, and check out the cd, get it for someone for the holidays.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Or rather, would anyone like to admit publicly that they like the BeeGee's? :p Just giving you some crap, snfever! :D I listen to a station at work that plays mostly 80s with some 70's & 90's thrown in. They play some BeeGees and Andy Gibb stuff here and there, and I'll concede they could really sing. Some of the songs are pretty catchy.

nick_danger

nick_danger

Audioholic
I was in BB and almost picked up a DVD-A collection of their hits. The BeeGees can get anyone off their respective butts and onto the dance floor - just like pre-molestation MJ.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
I am not cool.

Never was.

I like the Bee Gees.

Always did.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
I love the BeeGee's. Awesome group. I like Barry's voice. Also check out some of their stuff that came out BEFORE they made the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

Paul

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not a Fan

nick_danger said:
I was in BB and almost picked up a DVD-A collection of their hits. The BeeGees can get anyone off their respective butts and onto the dance floor - just like pre-molestation MJ.
I was in college when SNF came out. The sound track would get people dancing that's for sure. But I don't remember anybody just listening to it or the Bee Gee's back then. They can sing but I've never owned any of their recordings.

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
They were and still are awesome making some of the greatest original hits which includes ballads, rock etc. like Queen, extremely talented and created a unique harmonized sound like no other, there was nothing wrong with disco music or the sound, as a matter of fact way better than the synthesized junk they seem to pass of as music nowadays, I have almost all their LP and CDs.

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
I liked some of their pre-SNF songs. "Lonely Days/Lonely Nights" and "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" come to mind. I was never much into the disco scene though.

V

vtimpaler

Audiophyte
Bee Gees Concert DVD

My little lady bought the Concert DVD, I must say it is quite good. the sound is great on my system. They do have some good songs, I played it during thanksgiving when the family was over and everyone was on their feet. Afterwards I had to put in my Led Zeppelin concert and crank "The Ocean" DTS version. Just to get my rock & roll/blues blood pumping. I mostly buy movies & concerts to show off my system, but the Bee Gees concert is good entertainment.

jaguars_fan

jaguars_fan

Junior Audioholic
We've had the CD for many years and picked up the DVD a few months back and I love every second of it! The harmony of the group is nearly unparalleled and definitely unique! Put either one into a good system and just listen to the nuances!

I must admit that I am old enough to remember when their hits were still climbing the charts and wasn't much of a fan then, but my wife is a disco nut from day one and got me to really sit and listen to them. I'm glad she did!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis