Anyone know what happened to Kurt aka KEW?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Right, big dogs don't have to be mean! They just need to look mean, no need to actually be mean.
Right! It's like the whole ear cropping thing. These dogs have serrated teeth and are 100 lbs of muscle. If he thinks I am in danger, there won't be time for the 'mean look' to be noticed.

Exactly. My Rottie was like that. Big teddy bear with almost everyone, but don't try to "surprise" him or he'd get mean quick. He'd also get back to calm quick when he realized it was me or someone else he knew. Like "ahhh, ya got me, but I could have eaten you"

I miss him. :(
I got to know a Rottweiler in one of the foster homes I worked in. Roxy was her name. Sweetest thing, and was out of a home simply because of her breed. I am sure yours was as equally wonderful! It is a privilege to give these animals the life they deserve!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
All this talk about Dags. (Think Brad Pitt in Snatch.)
We've adopted a total of 4 cats, all were feral born to the same mother. She brought them to us because we had been feeding her with the possible hope of adopting her. She resisted our charms, only to deposit her offspring on our doorstep. Twice.
We did trap and get her fixed: she still comes around almost daily for some food.
The Kittens... now 5 and 6 years old (1 boy and 1 girl in each litter that we got our hands on), are fantastic and mighty beasts. It wasn't even our intention to adopt the last two, but after we got them fixed, they kept finding their way back to us and inside. The boy, Marmalade, actually came in while still feral and deuced out the litter box while we slept: we both heard the cat door flap and just thought it was one of the Varsity Squad at first... Heard the scratching in the litter box... we were both like, "who is that?" and the Lady grabbed her phone to light up the room a little... and away went the little orange kitten... followed by a very big smell! :eek:
We had a feeling he was going to be ours at that point.
We captured him and Sparq (his little sis) and got them fixed as well, prior to trying to get them adopted by some friends who just kept letting them out. The two of them kept coming back to us until we finally confronted our friends about why they kept letting the cats out before they got trained to call their place home... One of them, the female, actually accused us of trying to steal the cats back!!!... Neither the Lady or I suffer fools gladly, so we put it pretty plainly.
Next thing you know, we had four.
And then our neighbors went out and adopted their own cat, who started coming over to our house, and even sneaked indoors to sleep at night! SMDH. She, the neighbor lady, then accused of of trying to steal that cat!!! :rolleyes:
Somebody dropped a, "B!tch-U-Crazy!" Afterall, we were now feeding 5 cats, with theirs trying to creep in on our scene and make it 6. I said to the guy that they needed to deal with their cat and cut the cr@p. Turns out, he was the one letting them out at night before they identified to their home.
Fortunately that stopped.

So it's the Lady and myself, four fur-oscious killers, and their needy-yet-very-independent Mom.

:D

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
We've adopted a total of 4 cats, all were feral born to the same mother. She brought them two us because we had been feeding her with the possible hope of adopting her. She resisted our charms, only to deposit her offspring on our doorstep. Twice.
We did trap and get her fixed: she still comes around almost daily for some food.
The Kittens... now 5 and 6 years old (1 boy and 1 girl in each litter that we got our hands on), are fantastic and mighty beasts. It wasn't even our intention to adopt the last two, but after we got them fixed, they kept finding their way back to us and inside. The boy, Marmalade, actually came in while still feral and deuced out the litter box while we slept: we both heard the cat door flap and just thought it was one of the Varsity Squad at first... Heard the scratching in the litter box... we were both like, "who is that?" and the Lady grabbed her phone to light up the room a little... and away went the little orange kitten... followed by a very big smell! :eek:
We captured him and Sparq (his little sis) and got them fixed as well, prior to trying to get them adopted by some friends who just kept letting them out. The two of them kept coming back to us until we finally confronted our friends about why they kept letting the cats out before they got trained to call their place home... One of them, the female, actually accused us of trying to steal the cats back!!!... Neither the Lady or I suffer fools gladly, so we put it pretty plainly.
And then our neighbors went out and adopted their own cat, who started coming over to our house, and even sneaked indoors to sleep at night! SMDH. She, the neighbor lady, then accused of of trying to steal that cat!!! :rolleyes:
Somebody dropped a, "B!tch-U-Crazy!" Afterall, we were now feeding 5 cats, with theirs trying to creep in on our scene and make it 6. I said to the guy that they needed to deal with their cat and cut the cr@p. Turns out, he was the one letting them out at night before they identified to their home.

So it's the Lady and myself, four fur-oscious killers, and their needy-yet-very-independent Mom.

I love all animals. Cats are awesome, and frankly will always scare me more than the meanest dogs. We have a 13 YO that has been our joy for all of those years. Bringing in the first dog didn't go too well for her, but the second she has been very comfortable with. Thankful our vet suspected her potential for hyper thyroids early, so we hope to get a many more years with her as we can!

It's really awesome to hear how much animal rescue goes on around here. This is a good group of people!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
We've adopted a total of 4 cats, all were feral born to the same mother. She brought them two us because we had been feeding her with the possible hope of adopting her. She resisted our charms, only to deposit her offspring on our doorstep. Twice.

I kid. Went to visit a buddy this weekend and he had a cat and a dog. I much preferred his cat to his dog. Dog was only a year so it's still SUPER excited for literally anything to happen. Pus, my 6 yo is terrified of animals for some reason, but dogs more than anything.

My son fell in love with that cat. He was super chill and pretty much let the kids do what they wanted. Cats like that are the best pets. I had some like that when I was a kid and it was awesome.

Maybe I should get some guard cats instead of a dog???

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
On another note, I think @KEW would like that a thread about making sure he's OK turned into a thread about how much we all love animals.

We didn't forget about Kurt either. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Cats are far from pointless. Trust me. They have many… points. :p
Cat Scratch GIFs | Tenor
Yes indeed they do. This cat reminds me of a stray we took in. It was an act of mercy in our minds at the time. Someone dropped her off, and she showed up in the middle of the night. My wife and I had moved back from another city after she finished her “schoolin” and while staying at her parents until we could find a place, there she was. Perched on top of a charcoal grill crying to beat the band. After some sweet talking, her dad finally agreed we could bring her into the house. Unfortunately she had been mistreated and was skittish around men especially. That made me quite protective of her and we bonded very closely. In fact one of her favorite activities was to play tag. One of us, usually her, would come up and bat the other, and then the one who was IT would run like hell through the house. When caught, a short “battle” would ensue, then the one who was it would turn and run until caught. Rinse and repeat. She was something else. Speaking of “points”, she was polydactyl, black and beautiful. Made it until 19yo when just got too old. Had to put her down. For some reason we named her Maro, after my first generation Camaro. Cheese fest I know…
I grew up with dogs, but as an adult I couldn’t match them with our lifestyle but I do enjoy a good dog for sure. We did have a feral for a couple months. Orange mackerel tabby(i love marble tabby’s) who couldn’t decide whether she wanted to be inside or out. One day she was just gone. I named her Sazi. It means orange in Ojibwa.
Now there’s only King Sully. The most beautiful rag doll cat ever. He has claimed me an honestly, I’ve never seen an animal love a human like he does me. It’s almost unnatural. (I’ve read that cats think people are cats too. So when they claim you, you’re actually one of them.)He does love to play tag as well so that’s fun. He also loves to wrestle, and the laser, which Maro tried exactly once. Then when I tried again look at me like, wtf? You’re an idiot… and never went after one again.
Anyways. This is probably a TLDR but I got a real kick out of your cat-quisision story. I also agree with pantera that Kurt would be thrilled that a thread about HIM turned into a thread about a love of animals. A fitting tribute indeed. I guess I’m animal lover in general. We also have a 75gal fresh tank that has driftwood collected from Lake Superior, the Gulf of Mexico, Missouri and pretty much every lake around me, and the Mississippi River. It’s very therapeutic and I love it.
Ok. Sorry for the blabber… sometimes when you start clicking away…..

Last edited:
ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Well, after reading 2 pages about cats I finally made to the end of the thread. LOL

I just wanted to provide an update. Kurt is alive and well. He did have an accident a few months back that resulted in him requiring brain surgery but I'll let him tell that story when he comes back. But he's recovering as expected.

He lives about 3-4 hours from me and has loaned me a few speakers. He came to my house last week to pick some up and drop off another pair. We chatted for about an hour and then he was on his way back home. So, yep, Kurt's doing well. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, after reading 2 pages about cats I finally made to the end of the thread. LOL

I just wanted to provide an update. Kurt is alive and well. He did have an accident a few months back that resulted in him requiring brain surgery but I'll let him tell that story when he comes back. But he's recovering as expected.

He lives about 3-4 hours from me and has loaned me a few speakers. He came to my house last week to pick some up and drop off another pair. We chatted for about an hour and then he was on his way back home. So, yep, Kurt's doing well. :)
Omg. I had no idea! Send him our well wishes and let him know we miss him! Kurt helped me a lot in choosing my first real, good speakers and played a big part in my learning process with this hobby.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Glad to hear he’s on the path to recovery. Best wishes Kurt. Hope to see you back soon.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Please send Kurt best wishes from all of us. So sorry to hear that news.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis