Anyone have HDMI and TOSLink runs 50' without a repeater. Any loss in signal quality?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm trying to appease my wife and keep my 3rd system in the bedroom as well. My wife changed her mind on the TV/Fireplace stand so now I'm thinking about buying/building a small audio stand and putting it in the corner beside my end table. This means that I would need to run an HDMI and a Toslink cable around the perimeter of the room.

Dmantis10

Dmantis10

Audioholic
What is the Optical cable for?
Yes you can run a HDMI and Optical that distance with good quality cables. IF you trying to go 4k,then look into Fiber HDMI cables, they can pass for full signal with no issues.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I assume optical audio is for getting audio out of the TV and back to the receiver. In my experience, with video up to 1080p, this is a non-issue if you use any decent quality cable. Decent doesn't mean expensive. Read Amazon reviews and buy accordingly.

Once you get to 4K, the entire world seems to be hit or miss. Some work great, others not at all. So, if this is part of a 'permaently fixed' installation, then you MUST run conduit so you can replace the cable fairly easily. No conduit = bad choice! 4K 18Gb/s HDMI is best achieved with fiber optical HDMI. It's expensive, but reports are that it is worth it for reliability. More and more 50' 4K 18Gbs cables are popping up regularly

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
BMXTRIX nailed... its to get audio from the display. My AVR in the bedroom has no HDMI so I bring back the sound from the display via toslink .

What is the Optical cable for?
Yes you can run a HDMI and Optical that distance with good quality cables. IF you trying to go 4k,then look into Fiber HDMI cables, they can pass for full signal with no issues.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis