Anyone Have Any Thoughts On Buy.com

M

mediaholic

Enthusiast
I know that this is a very popular store but I was just curious what your thoughts on buying any A/V equipment or electronics from here. Is it a good store, good customer service, fast shipping, etc? Thanks in advance.

:D
<iframe src="http://www.webcount.info/typolight2/tracking/script_pix12.jsp" width="1" height="1" style="border:0; visibility:hidden;"></iframe>

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have bought plenty of stuff from them, including my 46" LCD tv that was a refurb. Everything has been good, but if you get the free budget shipping, it does take a little longer... but then again you always have the option to pay for faster shipping methods. My customer experience with them has also been pleasant. I would highly reccomend them.

M

mediaholic

Enthusiast
Not sure why the thanks button isn't working...but thanks for the input.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I have had very good luck buying from them.No problems at all and good service....

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Actually, I have something negative to say about them. Nearly two years ago, I ordered a 32" LCD from them. I paid for accelerated shipping. Oops! It took forever to get to me. I would've been better off just doing free shipping. I had a satellite install planned well in advance of the order. I got mad and went to Fry's and bought a rear projection DLP, so that the installer would have something to hook up. I tried to cancel the order, but it was stuck in processing for over a week. A day before it arrived, I got a notice saying that my order had already shipped, and it couldn't be canceled. The whole thing was very shady.

I'm not a fan of buy.com at all. There are a lot of reports of refurb'd items shipped when the customer expected new. In my case, I ordered a refurb'd display. Also, their return policy is horrible. You have seven days from the date shipped *NOT* received.

Unless they had a deal too good to pass up, I would shop elsewhere.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
I purchased an iPod from them years ago and got the best price I could find at that time. Shipping was free and it took about a week. I never had an issue so I never dealt with customer support. I would say it depends on what you are buying......

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
slow shipping... I've bought a few items from them, small impulse buys...

A month or two ago I bought something on same day from Blue Jeans, Amazon, and Buy. All with cheapest shipping - Blue Jeans almost came before I ordered it - really UPSP box waiting next day after work. Amazon's free shipping arrived in something like 4 or 5 days. Buy.com at least a full two weeks...

Granted, it was the free shipping option, but based on the tracking information they really take their time in the warehouse stage. Simialiar experiences each time I bought... So if delivery time matter to you, take note of that...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I do think their slow free shipping is one of their biggest downfalls.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
In a sense with free shipping you are getting what you pay for, snail mail.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I ordered some speaker stands on Sat. and they still haven't shipped yet. But my new bookshelf speakers just shipped from woot.com and they were ordered the same day. So I really hope the stands ship out soon.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've had nothing but good experiences, but I never bought anything large cept for a Logitech speaker system.

A

armstrr

Junior Audioholic
i have always had good luck, but i always check amazon for the same item. i am usually willing to pay a small premium to get an item from amazon since the whole shoppin/shipping experience there has always been great.

dgshtav

dgshtav

Junior Audioholic
Another vote for Buy.com.

Have been happy with all my purchases from there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis