Anyone ever heard one of these and can confirm the deets in the vid?

sizzam

sizzam

Audioholic

This amp sounds like a jack of all trades master of all.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Video won't play for me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
O

oupee

Enthusiast
Iincredibly beautiful machine, usable back panel and if it's D, let it burn :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It looks to be a very nice integrated amp, but very expensive. Lots of marketing in the "deets". No provision for sub integration as usual with these things....and just basic tone controls rather than PEQ. Can't see spending $9.5 k on something this limited.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I am not really impressed with this Technics amplifier. While it seems to be well designed, it contains high quality components, the manufacturer does not even publish the real THD figures. In the video published on Youtube, we see a THD value at 0.5% at rated power at 1 kHz. If that is exact as stated, a lot of affordable AVRs that cost a lot less than the listed price nearing $10K, have better THD figures, some below 0.1% and across the full 20-20K audio spectrum.

No, Technics have missed the boat with their reference integrated amplifier. I just don't believe we could hear any improvement, if any, with this product compared with a decent more affordable D & M or Yamaha product.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am not really impressed with this Technics amplifier. While it seems to be well designed, it contains high quality components, the manufacturer does not even publish the real THD figures. In the video published on Youtube, we see a THD value at 0.5% at rated power at 1 kHz. If that is exact as stated, a lot of affordable AVRs that cost a lot less than the listed price nearing $10K, have better THD figures, some below 0.1% and across the full 20-20K audio spectrum.

No, Technics have missed the boat with their reference integrated amplifier. I just don't believe we could hear any improvement, if any, with this product compared with a decent more affordable D & M or Yamaha product.
I thought that quite odd when I looked at the manual for specs....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Seems like a misappropriation of resources to buy one of those when it could be put into better speakers or subs. Solid piece of gear, but pretty damned pricey.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis