anyone else starting to hate family guy?

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
I cant really watch them anymore, the jokes are getting old and just repetetive.

Its such a shame, cause they were so damn funny before they got cancelled, but ever since they came back they just keep going to the same jokes. I guess they feel like since people loved them before, they need to keep doing the exact same thing. The comeback started off slow, then got decent, and now its just getting lame again.

The first seasons were better cause they always had original jokes and didnt repeat. Now, although i can usually sit through an episode. im starting to really not like it anymore.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Never seen it, but in the ads the animation looks terrible. I really don't like the syle/looks of the drawing.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Rob Babcock said:
Never seen it, but in the ads the animation looks terrible. I really don't like the syle/looks of the drawing.
www.youtube.com is your friend.

I REALLY like the new family guys. They have way more references then before, which kinda makes you feel smart when you get them. :rolleyes:

Started off slow? They're cramming so many damn jokes into each episode, you can't even take a breath.

SheepStar

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
jokes that ive seen before, and can guess half the time.

seriously, they way way overplay the hate for meg, and they do it 50 times in every episode. Its funnier when things are subtle, and blatent once in a while. not all the time.

they just had another joke tonight about killing off a cartoon character (yogi bear), almost identical to the joke in the movie where he kills bugs bunny.

they always have that extended reaction things, where they do something for a ridiculously long time and it is supposed to get funny. The original one happened in the willy wonka spoof episode during the scene where peter falls and breaths all crazy for a long time.. That was hilarious. but it doesnt work if you do it again. jokes are only funny once. They do that all the time now, like tonight when chris started laughing.

its the same exact joke. thats just one i can remember, but i know they do the exact same jokes over and over and over.

they cram a lot of jokes, but none of them make me laugh that hard anymore. some of them are just plain lame to me. its a shame, cause i love animation, and family guy was one of my favorite shows.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I hate all sitcoms (married with children was kinda cool). In my book PBS-HD, Discovery HD, CSI in HD, Law and Order in HD and movies in HD rule. Sadly in my new home in the sticks I've lost most of those choices so I don't watch much TV.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
That Yogi bear killing was amazing. Very few times in television history have I ever felt like someone shares my sense of humor as much as the writers for Family guy. The animation is pretty crappy but it's on par with the Simpsons and way better than South Park. I laugh my butt off at just about all episodes of FG. The one last weekend was pretty stinky, but a rare miss IMO. Also sheep, if you want to "Kick it up a notch" with over the top cartoons check out a show called Drawn Together. I'm sure that everytime the show comes on Baby Jesus cries a little. It is that over the top.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I love Family Guy, I haven't seen last nights episode yet, but I'll watch it when I get home. As for the rest of the newer episodes, I think they are hillarious, even if the jokes are sometimes the same.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Takeereasy said:
That Yogi bear killing was amazing. Very few times in television history have I ever felt like someone shares my sense of humor as much as the writers for Family guy. The animation is pretty crappy but it's on par with the Simpsons and way better than South Park. I laugh my butt off at just about all episodes of FG. The one last weekend was pretty stinky, but a rare miss IMO. Also sheep, if you want to "Kick it up a notch" with over the top cartoons check out a show called Drawn Together. I'm sure that everytime the show comes on Baby Jesus cries a little. It is that over the top.
Oh, I have seen Drawn Together. Wicked show, but family guy is better.

Have you guys seen Robot Chicken? 15 minutes of pure awesome.

jokes that ive seen before, and can guess half the time.

seriously, they way way overplay the hate for meg, and they do it 50 times in every episode. Its funnier when things are subtle, and blatent once in a while. not all the time.

they just had another joke tonight about killing off a cartoon character (yogi bear), almost identical to the joke in the movie where he kills bugs bunny.

they always have that extended reaction things, where they do something for a ridiculously long time and it is supposed to get funny. The original one happened in the willy wonka spoof episode during the scene where peter falls and breaths all crazy for a long time.. That was hilarious. but it doesnt work if you do it again. jokes are only funny once. They do that all the time now, like tonight when chris started laughing.

its the same exact joke. thats just one i can remember, but i know they do the exact same jokes over and over and over.

they cram a lot of jokes, but none of them make me laugh that hard anymore. some of them are just plain lame to me. its a shame, cause i love animation, and family guy was one of my favorite shows.
The bugs bunny joke was different. Brian said he was disgusted by that last episode he saw. Very different from yogi bear.

I'll admit I didn't find chris laughing for a long time funny, but they ended it well "Oh.. I pee'd and poo'd".

The funniest part of the last episode was Peter making fart noises everytime someone said Meg.

SheepStar

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Robot chicken is cool, but I think Seth Green is kind of a one note joke. I get it, and it's funny, but I find him repeticious every so often.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
Family Guy is a great show, but the jokes seem to me to be more formulaic now and only done for shock value, instead of for making you laugh.

Robot Chicken is good. Drawn together is pretty funny, their jokes are similar to the way Family Guy used to be, gross, twisted, a bit of shock value, but done for humor.

I also like the Venture Brothers. It's so incredibly stupid, I just can't help but watch. Brock Sampson makes the show worth seeing.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Jack Hammer said:
Family Guy is a great show, but the jokes seem to me to be more formulaic now and only done for shock value, instead of for making you laugh.

Robot Chicken is good. Drawn together is pretty funny, their jokes are similar to the way Family Guy used to be, gross, twisted, a bit of shock value, but done for humor.

I also like the Venture Brothers. It's so incredibly stupid, I just can't help but watch. Brock Sampson makes the show worth seeing.
Venture Bros is another goody, Same with Aqua Team Hunger Force.

I've been a fan of family guy since I can't remember, and I can quote most every show. I generally splice it into my everyday dialoge, just to see if anyone else notices.

Call me crazy, but I love the new FG.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Takeereasy said:
Robot chicken is cool, but I think Seth Green is kind of a one note joke. I get it, and it's funny, but I find him repeticious every so often.
I love Robot Chicken because some clips are so short, and hilariously twisted.

Example: One clip was a GWB walking infront of the white house saying

"Hi, I'm GWB, and I approve this message"

Then it goes to a picture of a taco with GWB saying

"Taco's Rule"

:D

SheepStar

Last edited:
K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
drawn together is pretty crazy, i enjoy it, but its not my favorite. robot chicken isnt very amusing to me though.. i also hate venture brothers..

but on the other hand.. aqua teen hunger force,stroker and hoop, korgoth of barbaria, and.. squid billies. all those are retardedly funny.

simpsons is always consistent. south park has really hilarious episodes and lame ones, but i still like it a lot. yup..

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
I too really like Family Guy, Robot Chicken, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force (wish they would make more). And to list a few more funny Adult Swim cartoons, Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law (glad to see new ones are coming out), Sealab 2021, and the Brak Show. The Simpsons are still #1 in my books.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
astrodon said:
I too really like Family Guy, Robot Chicken, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force (wish they would make more). And to list a few more funny Adult Swim cartoons, Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law (glad to see new ones are coming out), Sealab 2021, and the Brak Show. The Simpsons are still #1 in my books.
Hells yeah! Harvey Birdman is wicked!

"Is that your bird? Can I touch it? *whispers* Does it bite?"

"Hah ha...... Dangly Parts"

SheepStar

G

googdot

Audioholic Intern
Sheep said:
Hells yeah! Harvey Birdman is wicked!

"Is that your bird? Can I touch it? *whispers* Does it bite?"

"Hah ha...... Dangly Parts"

SheepStar
ha - nice! :D

Sheep said:
I'll admit I didn't find chris laughing for a long time funny, but they ended it well "Oh.. I pee'd and poo'd".
Oh, yeah THAT made the joke funny... lol.

Family Guy is getting to be a show where they simply try to shock you as much as possible anymore. It's kinda like taking the easy way out. Ask any comedian and they will tell you its far, far harder to tell a "clean" joke than simply shock someone with language or imagery (Tim Conway discussed this at length once on a TV special - very interesting. He and another comedian essentially told the same joke, but Conway did it in a "clean" way while the other guy just used language. It took Tim about a minute or so to set it up for a hilarious punch line, but the other way was much quicker). This is why I think the Simpsons are so much funnier - it takes a much more talented writer to pull off those jokes.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Clint DeBoer said:
Oh, yeah THAT made the joke funny... lol.

Family Guy is getting to be a show where they simply try to shock you as much as possible anymore. It's kinda like taking the easy way out. Ask any comedian and they will tell you its far, far harder to tell a "clean" joke than simply shock someone with language or imagery (Tim Conway discussed this at length once on a TV special - very interesting. He and another comedian essentially told the same joke, but Conway did it in a "clean" way while the other guy just used language. It took Tim about a minute or so to set it up for a hilarious punch line, but the other way was much quicker). This is why I think the Simpsons are so much funnier - it takes a much more talented writer to pull off those jokes.
You're only focusing on one part of family guy jokes. They do have shock value jokes, but they also have reference jokes, which take some serious pop-culture knowledge to understand.

They also use Flash-back jokes, which has turned into a drinking game. Slam a beer every flash-back. :D

Lastly, they use the on going jokes. Jokes that normally would have ended 5 minutes ago, but they keep them going for serveral minutes just to make it a big deal. Example: Chicken fight 1 and 2.

SheepStar

Sheep said:
You're only focusing on one part of family guy jokes. They do have shock value jokes, but they also have reference jokes, which take some serious pop-culture knowledge to understand.
I hear you - I just think they get drowned out by the other stuff... Couple nights ago they did an Osama Bin Ladin skit - funny for the first few minutes... then it kept going... and going... and going...

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Clint DeBoer said:
I hear you - I just think they get drowned out by the other stuff... Couple nights ago they did an Osama Bin Ladin skit - funny for the first few minutes... then it kept going... and going... and going...
LOL, that was the FCC episode.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis