Anyone buy a SVS sub and find out you weren't happy with it?

M

Maddys

Audioholic Intern
I am about to pull the trigger, the thought of not testing something first in the store is scary?

Michael

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Actually, it's quite common to hear that. Then after about a week or two and some proper calibration, those people come back and say "WOW". They have some of the best customer service too. If for some reason you weren't happy with it, they have a good return policy. For most speakers, I'd say it would be best to give them a listen first, but I don't think I'd have a huge reservation about SVS.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Maddys said:
I am about to pull the trigger, the thought of not testing something first in the store is scary?

Michael
Before i got my 20-39,i read all the reviews from pro reviewers and people that had them. I dont remember reading anything neg about them but for some flame wars about HSU and SVS. I'm so happy with mine and nobody even asks what it is anymore. They must figure its an indoor waterheater. LOL
Dont forget to drop SVS an e-mail for advice. They are pretty good with that.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
You won't be disappointed. Just get as much as you can afford, and make sure you have enough room. These hulks always seem much larger once they arrive. If you can swing it, consider a plus or ultra driver. The veneers are beautiful.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
shokhead said:
. I'm so happy with mine and nobody even asks what it is anymore. They must figure its an indoor waterheater. LOL

Tell them it is and it also makes music. :D

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
Every day (whether I make use of it or not) I look at my SVS sub as a treasure.

For your comfort, the no questions asked 45 day return policy is much better than listening to it for an hour in a store.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Anyone buy a SVS sub and find out you weren't happy with it?
Maybe if your last sub was a Digital Drive Velodyne you might be a little disappointed....

9f9c7z

Banned
j_garcia said:
... They have some of the best customer service too. ...
I am so tempted to weigh in on this. Let's just say there are other, differing opinions regarding dealing with SVS.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
9f9c7z said:
I am so tempted to weigh in on this. Let's just say there are other, differing opinions regarding dealing with SVS.
Go ahead. I'm sure they are not perfect but for every bad story,i bet i can find 100 to each 1.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
shokhead said:
Go ahead. I'm sure they are not perfect but for every bad story,i bet i can find 100 to each 1.
.....you never know, Shokhead, you just never know....you MIGHT find someone who owned a pair of 16-46 plus's who gave the cylinder subs to his son-in-law, and two months later, when the subs were solidly out of warranty, one of the plus drivers may have taken a dump....the son-in-law might be in his mid-twenties and cranked the subs loud enough to be felt in China, who knows?....the son-in-law may say he didn't crank them with 1000 watts of headroom, each, but then again, the son-in-law might be in his mid-twenties, and have a different conception of what the work cranked may mean....you MAY, Shokhead, find someone who then sent an email to Tom Vodhanel at SVS saying he had a woofer blow in one of the 16-46 plus's, and understands it was out of warranty, and wants to get another one, and fully understands he will get to pay full price for it since it was out of warranty, and is glad to do so considering he feels like he already owes SVS MUCH....Tom then, may have said a replacement woofer will be shipped that day, and to put the broken one back in the box when the new one is received, send it back, and there will be NO charge.....we're not done yet....after a week, the woofer may not have shown up yet, and another email might have been sent to Tom, and Tom may have said he would check into it....ten minutes later, Tom may have emailed back saying he checked, and the plus woofer may have not been sent to the correct address, and another will be shipped that day....the new plus woofer may have showed the next day shipped overnight, what a guy, what a company, and you may find someone that thinks SVS is the best thing going since sliced bread....I don't know, Shokhead, I just don't know, but if you look long and hard enough, you MAY find someone who can give a glowing report of the customer service department of SVS....stranger things have happened....I'll put out some feelers and get back....hee-haw.......

Last edited:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
You'd be surprised...

I'll second that service at SVS. I've been there. They will replace blown drivers - no matter what. I've seen drivers blown with 5000 watt pro amps. Ultra TV12 drivers just obliterated. SVS still takes care of their customers. They are a one of a kind company. Most companies build in that replacement driver 1X. Now if they replace two, you should be slapped. ;)

I'll also say Cadence has the same type of service. They will bend over backwards for you. They'll even call you to make sure you're happy with the product. That shouldn't happen for a 12" entry level sub under $250. But there's a few good companies still out there.

Great post, Mule.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
mulester7 said:
.....you never know, Shokhead, you just never know....you MIGHT find someone who owned a pair of 16-46 plus's who gave the cylinder subs to his son-in-law, and two months later, when the subs were solidly out of warranty, one of the plus drivers may have taken a dump....the son-in-law might be in his mid-twenties and cranked the subs loud enough to be felt in China, who knows?....the son-in-law may say he didn't crank them with 1000 watts of headroom, each, but then again, the son-in-law might be in his mid-twenties, and have a different conception of what the work cranked may mean....you MAY, Shokhead, find someone who then sent an email to Tom Vodhanel at SVS saying he had a woofer blow in one of the 16-46 plus's, and understands it was out of warranty, and wants to get another one, and fully understands he will get to pay full price for it since it was out of warranty, and is glad to do so considering he feels like he already owes SVS MUCH....Tom then, may have said a replacement woofer will be shipped that day, and to put the broken one back in the box when the new one is received, send it back, and there will be NO charge.....we're not done yet....after a week, the woofer may not have shown up yet, and another email might have been sent to Tom, and Tom may have said he would check into it....ten minutes later, Tom may have emailed back saying he checked, and the plus woofer may have not been sent to the correct address, and another will be shipped that day....the new plus woofer may have showed the next day shipped overnight, what a guy, what a company, and you may find someone that thinks SVS is the best thing going since sliced bread....I don't know, Shokhead, I just don't know, but if you look long and hard enough, you MAY find someone who can give a glowing report of the customer service department of SVS....stranger things have happened....I'll put out some feelers and get back....hee-haw.......

So you had a problem and the company is sh$t and has never helped anyone. Wow,sour. Now if i wanted to go and find,oh 10 others with glowing reviews of there preoblems being fixed,i dont think you would be happy with that so go ahead and dislike SVS,i suppose you have a right to.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Uhh, that was actually a glowing review of SVS Shok. Mule owns TWO B4-Plus subs. He was saying that they definitely did ship him a new driver, free of charge, even though it was out of warranty. And when the first one didn't arrive, they overnighted him another one. You can't just skim the Mule posts...it just don't work.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
" Anyone buy a SVS sub and find out you weren't happy with it?"

I wasn't happy, but it was because my PB12-ISD works so well that I wasn't happy that I didn't have enough room for a PB12-Plus!

Which model are you looking at?

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
jaxvon said:
Uhh, that was actually a glowing review of SVS Shok. Mule owns TWO B4-Plus subs. He was saying that they definitely did ship him a new driver, free of charge, even though it was out of warranty. And when the first one didn't arrive, they overnighted him another one. You can't just skim the Mule posts...it just don't work.
.....sorry guys, I guess I slipped a left-handed one in there....the element that blew was in a 16-46 plus that I had originally and gave to my son-in-law....I doubt anything will go wrong for a long time with the elements in these B4's....I just don't need to bring them up that much to get a substantial result....sorry Shokhead, I get nutty every now and then....Tom at SVS is working with me in hopes of a full recovery, what a guy, what a company.....

.....I just walked in the door from bringing a loaded coal train down from Van Buren to NLR....took a manifest train up night before last....finally had to work after 5 weeks of drawing guaranteed-wages off the supplemental board I'm fortunate enough to be on....any of you guys miss me?....huh?....what?....like a sore foot?....who said that?.......

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
what a great post there Mule :)

and I'd have to agree.. I wasn't happy either... I wish I could of affored a bigger, badder sub :) just for even MORE punch :D

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
mulester7 said:
.....sorry guys, I guess I slipped a left-handed one in there....the element that blew was in a 16-46 plus that I had originally and gave to my son-in-law....I doubt anything will go wrong for a long time with the elements in these B4's....I just don't need to bring them up that much to get a substantial result....sorry Shokhead, I get nutty every now and then....Tom at SVS is working with me in hopes of a full recovery, what a guy, what a company.....

.....I just walked in the door from bringing a loaded coal train down from Van Buren to NLR....took a manifest train up night before last....finally had to work after 5 weeks of drawing guaranteed-wages off the supplemental board I'm fortunate enough to be on....any of you guys miss me?....huh?....what?....like a sore foot?....who said that?.......
Man, now i'm really messed up. Am i coming or going? LMAO
Botton line is that i cant remember reading a neg post about SVS but for the HSU vs SVS wear. Great sub at a nice price and they will help you if you need it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis