Anybody bought Polk R50s from Fry's??

A

arevee

Junior Audioholic
when they had them for $150 a pair?? I missed the sale. If any of u guys in the DFW area has an extra pair (now, why wud u??) holla back please!

i am trying to set up 7.1 with Onkyo TX-SR602 rec., Polk R50 (front), R30 (side), R15 (rear), CSi20 (center) and PSW202 (sub).

I have everything except the r50s!

is it better to go with 2 more r30s instead too?? pls. advise....

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
I'd stay with the R50's in the front. They have a little more umph in the bottom end. And I didn't get them on that sale, but I did get them back when they were $84 a peice at Fry's Outpost.com

Paul

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
I go to Frys all thew time and they will be on sale again.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
I got the R50's on 4/23 for $70.00ea. They were on sale again on 4/26. I don't know about today, but keep watching the paper. They will pop up from time to time. I wish they'd put the CSi3 on sale for $100.00

A

arevee

Junior Audioholic
holy cow!

Are u in the dallas area?? i did not see them in any fry's ads...help!

A

arevee

Junior Audioholic
R40s vs. R50s

Is there any difference between the R50s and R40s from Polk?? the 40s seem to be cheaper...

Last edited:
C

cuse4284

Enthusiast
they have them for $77 on outpost.com right now.

C

cuse4284

Enthusiast
actually, anyone own the r50's and what do you think about them. seem to be a steal at that price.

A

arevee

Junior Audioholic
shipping is pricey on outpost.com

and they do not have black ones at the price. they r trying to move the cherry ones out...

C

cuse4284

Enthusiast
$10 for ground shipping on each speaker isn't that pricey. besides, i think the cherry looks a lot nicer than the black.

A

arevee

Junior Audioholic
$10?? are u serious??

no way man! my total came to ~$220 ($154+taxes+shipping). I called them over the phone to get an estimate...

A

arevee

Junior Audioholic
$218.59

$154 speaker cost +$16.67 taxes +$47.93 shipping to Dallas, TX. just called them again...

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Ron Temple said:
I got the R50's on 4/23 for $70.00ea. They were on sale again on 4/26. I don't know about today, but keep watching the paper. They will pop up from time to time. I wish they'd put the CSi3 on sale for $100.00
Both are pretty good buys. $100 would be outstanding. I have the CSi5 and bought it as a floor model for around $200. I haven't heard a better sounding center for under $500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=5774421699&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=5773852703&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis