Any way to tell HK AVR635 that I prefer hearing all 7.1 speakers?

J

jetz9335

Audiophyte
Hello all.

I've just added a pair of speakers to make my system 7.1. The problem is that it looks like Harman Kardon AVR635 doesn't have ability that allow me to choose default mode that I prefer so it is keep changing the surround mode which only turns on 5.1 speakers. So I had to keep pushing a button on my remote untile I see 7.1 configuration is selected whenever I switch to different audio input.

I had Harman Kardon AVR235 before, and that guy had option called "Default Surround Mode" in Advanced menu, so I was able to set my preference.

Does AVR635 has similar feature? I can't find one. Is there any way to tell this guy to utilize my 7.1 speakers by default?

WndrBr3d

WndrBr3d

Full Audioholic
Two things you might want to try:

1) Find where you can set the speaker size for the speakers on your system (Crossover settings). By default, your "Surround Back" speakers will be set to "None Main". You'll want to change it to "Small Main" or "Small".

2) Find the surround settings for Dolby Digital, DTS and Logic 7. In these menu's, you should be able to specify 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1

I'm not sure where these menu's are on the 635, but that's what I recall from my 525.

Hope this helps!

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I recall reading several threads on avsforum about the exact thing you describe. There was one called 'HK xxx gripes and gremlins to fix' and that behavior of always switching back to 5.1 (or whatever format is being played) rather than staying in 7.1 was one of the main gripes. Many of the posters wrote emails to HK, so HK is definitely aware of the issue.

J

jetz9335

Audiophyte
Thank you

MDS said:
I recall reading several threads on avsforum about the exact thing you describe. There was one called 'HK xxx gripes and gremlins to fix' and that behavior of always switching back to 5.1 (or whatever format is being played) rather than staying in 7.1 was one of the main gripes. Many of the posters wrote emails to HK, so HK is definitely aware of the issue.
I found the article that you mention and realized that I have to live with it untile HK decided to release a fix for it which I don't know if they ever pay attention to the problem.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=503098

I basically need to press Dolby button on my remote to select Dolby Pro Logic IIx Movie mode maybe 8 times since it circles modes. :(

And I have to do it every time I change to different input and every time I change my TV to different channel and every time commecial ends. I'm crying... :(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis