Any review of Subwoofer BIC HT-100 ?

P

proyc

Audiophyte
Has anybody tried the BIC HT-100 Subwoofer ? I am planning to buy one. Please help.

Matt34

Matt34

Use the search feature both here at Audioholics and at AVSforums.com and you will find hundreds of topics containing reviews, comparisons and measured performance results of the H-100.

drybo

drybo

Audioholic Intern
FWIW, I have been researching for months and that BIC is the best in that price range, good musical punch.

hpq27

Audiophyte
re:HT-100

I purchased one of these about 2 years ago when they were first announced by the company. At the time they had a special and it was only $200. The sound is good, but not as good as my pb-12 JBL woofer. The HT-100 has a quality cabinet, but the woofer is cheap (I took it out the day I got it.) It has foam surround with a paper cone. For the same money you could get a Titanic 10" sub from Parts Express.com for the same money as it's on sale. I should have gone that route in the first place.

Bob

Chicago Dan

Chicago Dan

Audiophyte
Skip the JBL, Research the H100

I purchased one of these about 2 years ago when they were first announced by the company. At the time they had a special and it was only $200. The sound is good, but not as good as my pb-12 JBL woofer.
Proyc, I would be very wary of buying a JBL pb-12 it seems like just about all of them die within the first 1-2 years from faulty electronics. hpq27, I'd also be wary if I were you. Keep a fire extinguisher nearby.

JBL pb-12 -- Amazon reviews
JBL pb-12 -- AudioReview.com

Regarding the BIC H-100, I personally don't own it but I've heard that it is very good. Some say that it is very touchy about placement and calibration (you need to have an SPL meter to get it right), but when you've got the system corectly configured, it really shines. I love reviews that show side by side comparisons, so I found this one (although short) particularly interesting:

H100, XSUB, SVS, etc.

I personally am also considering upgrading my sub. I'm a college student so SVS is like... just a tad out of my budget. I've been considering either BIC H100 or Cadence XSUB. Just search the forums for other impressions (there's plenty).

Search for "H100"

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis