any one using Legacy speakers please post your opi

G

<font color='#000000'>I just came back from the local audio store that carrys Legacy speakers, and all I could say while I was there was WOW &nbsp;
. what sound. after 2 hours of talking to the owner I wonderd over to a Paradigm dealer and was not very impressed with the sound compared to the leagacy, but great sounding in their own right. he did make me a deal for the center, 2 dipole surrounds and the studio V3 for $2800.00 out the door(after I told him about the legacy speakers),
. even with that deal I am still leaning to the Legacy Signature 111. &nbsp;I am also waiting to listen to the Rockets and the Axioms before I make my decision.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have not listened to Legacy speakers, but i hear nothing but &nbsp;praise about them. Someday when i can afford to drop taht kind of cash on speakers, I am definately going out of my way to try a pair out.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I have the Legacy Focus as mains and the Silver Screen center channel in my home theater system.  The rears are T&amp;A P-30s.  I actually purchased them for music, but they do a tremendous job on HT as well.  The Focus have 3-12&quot; woofers/channel, so there's plenty of &quot;quality&quot; bass.  My system is driven by a Denon AVR-3300 (100W/ch) receiver with the Focus subs bi-amped with a Yamaha M65 A/AB 170W amp.  The Legacys are a very detailed, balanced, easily driven speaker, I recommend them highly.  If you have the bucks, don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed.</font>

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have long lusted for the Legacy Speakers.  I have listened to the Classic and the Signature models.  

They are simply in a completely different class than Paradigm Studio Series, Axiom and Rocket.   They blow them away.  I have never listened to the Rocket's but I have read that they are in the same class as the Axiom and some Paradigm, if that's the case, then Legacy is the clear winner.

My advise?  If you got the Cash, go for Legacy.  You won't be sorry.   I have also read that their customer service is second to none.  

P.S.   Ken Falls,  you SUCK!    

Shinerman</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Ken,

Have you listened to the Studio series bookshelves from Legacy? &nbsp;And if so, what are your thoughts. &nbsp; I have yet to hear them but I was wondering if they would be a more cost effective way to get into Legacy for now.

Shinerman</font>

A

abe

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>sorry I don't own Legacy and by no means I want to offend you Legacy owner, but I just can't stand the 'grandpa's clock' look!  not my cup of tea.....

Stereophile reviewed a Legacy model no long ago.  And there is an heated debate on Audiogon involves Legacy speakers:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin....ad&amp;3&amp;4&amp;

Abe</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis