Any Motorcycle enthusiast?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Kawasaki: Vulcan S, $7.500 New
B0F2F12B-4EBE-4D71-A020-AC72E73AE412.gif

Anyone has this one? Thoughts, if you do post up. I have Researched this one and a Suzuki both are mid rides. Vulcan S chain drive. Suzuki M50 $8.500 shaft drive. New

Last edited:
A

Arkh82

Enthusiast
If you like the bike, my opinion is shaft drive is the way to go. Pretty much zero maintenance. But can be pricey when time to repair/ replace it. I am currently riding a 2020 Honda Africa Twin. It’s chain drive and it would be nice not having to worry about adjusting the slack and making sure it stays properly lubricated.

“If designed and engineered well, drive shafts often last the life of a motorcycle without requiring any servicing or maintenance whatsoever.”

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I am currently riding a 2020 Honda Africa Twin. It’s chain drive and it would be nice not having to worry about adjusting the slack and making sure it stays properly lubricated.
That bike would Suck if it was Shaft Drive. Yours a regular or Sport

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
What to ride a Cruiser. Be Cool doing it

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I looked at that one, it is nice, I'm was headed to New Orleans at the 1st week of September to do a look see of that Vulcan S. But with those two Storms headed into the Gulf of Mexico I sure I'll have to push that back a week maybe more.
They have one going for under 7k new. Out of that Suzuki M50 and that one you just posted up the Vulcan S has the smaller engine 649 cc.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
What to ride a Cruiser. Be Cool doing it

Gotta love Triumphs well built Solid bike. bit out my range price

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Manufacturers are catering to the Explosion of Female Riders.
Don't forget to take your Helmet with you

View attachment 39120
Lol, Won't be no bitch seat on that bike if I get it. Two bags will be added be about it. Last time I rode a bike was 87 when I sold off my Suzuki maduro it was Shaftdrive water cooled V-4 Engine. loved it sold it off for a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am with the T tops 400 small block engine. Turned it into a true Musclecar.

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Find yourself one of these. I bet there are still new ones out there. Even a Pre Owned one from someone that bought it and selling with less then 1000 miles

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
If you like the bike, my opinion is shaft drive is the way to go. Pretty much zero maintenance. But can be pricey when time to repair/ replace it. I am currently riding a 2020 Honda Africa Twin. It’s chain drive and it would be nice not having to worry about adjusting the slack and making sure it stays properly lubricated.

“If designed and engineered well, drive shafts often last the life of a motorcycle without requiring any servicing or maintenance whatsoever.”
Agree, the 1k more with the Suzuki Shaft drive plus 805 cc engine get more for not much more.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
As a teenager I had wanted a motorcycle, my mom in particular was dead set against it, "those things are DANGEROUS" she'd say. (like the kid in that Christmas movie who wanted a BB gun "You'll shoot your eye out") Anyway after my mom passed away, and at age 24 I bought a bike.

img_UaXsOS8fVf.jpg

This isn't the actual one I owned, just a picture from the internet. Mine was the exact same model, year, color, etc. 1979 Honda CB650. Only rode it a few years, sold it for a pittance after I moved to a different town.

mysunmylune

mysunmylune

Audiophyte
Stumbled upon this thread from '20 - time sure does fly! I've ridden a Vulcan S before and loved the feel, though I've always been more of a Suzuki kinda guy. Chain vs. shaft drive, that age-old debate, huh? Both have their merits.
By the way, while you were researching the Vulcan S and Suzuki M50, did you also look into the aftermarket upgrades or enhancements? Found this gem of a site, don-performance.com, that's got some sweet gear and parts that might interest you, especially if you're thinking of tweaking things a bit. Hope you ended up with a ride that's been treating you well these past few years!

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis