Any long term experience with Monoprice amps?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not too many Outlaw amps are made by ATI these days. ATI makes many of the Monolith amps, but not all. The best way to determine this is as I mentioned previously, by the blue coverings on the power transformer secondaries before they plug into the modules. Monoprice has pictures of the insides of their amps and show this.
Which Monolith amps aren't ATI made? Outlaw's 2220 and the 5000/7000 amps aren't ATI but the rest are.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have that information, so I couldn't speculate. As far as I know, ones styled like this one are ATI.
You were the one who made the statement...all the Monolith amps are based on that basic amp, you just choose the number of channels you want. You might be mixing up Monolith series with others offered by Monoprice perhaps?

Mr Tape

Mr Tape

Enthusiast
You were the one who made the statement...all the Monolith amps are based on that basic amp, you just choose the number of channels you want. You might be mixing up Monolith series with others offered by Monoprice perhaps?
Perhaps. I don't work for Monoprice, ATI or Outlaw - I'm a steam turbine engineer who bought one of the Monoprice amps awhile back so quote me at your own risk. ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
To be sure which amps are made by ATI, just call the company (Outlaw, Monoprice, etc.) and ask them if your amp needs warranty service, whom do you contact?

If they say to contact ATI, then it’s made by ATI for sure. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
To be sure which amps are made by ATI, just call the company (Outlaw, Monoprice, etc.) and ask them if your amp needs warranty service, whom do you contact?

Is that the normal warranty practice of both Outlaw and Monoprice on the amps they have sourced thru ATI?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is that the normal warranty practice of both Outlaw and Monoprice on the amps they have sourced thru ATI?
Yep. That is what my ATI contact said - ATI services all amps they make regardless of the brand.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. That is what my ATI contact said - ATI services all amps they make regardless of the brand.
Not my particular question, tho....if you contact Monolith in the case of a defective amp issue, do they simply refer you to ATI or only in the case of specific issues they can determine online? Can't imagine ATI is responsible in any case without a specific ticket from Monolith or others using ATI built amps....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not quite my question....if you buy from Outlaw or Monolith, they aren't part of the process, they simply refer you to ATI? I've just not heard of that before....altho it does make sense.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then again if you have an issue with an amp from Monolith or Outlaw, why would ATI deal with you directly except as a simple out of warranty repair? Great if they do, but seems that would simply mean they'd have to charge other brands more for the potential service.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not my particular question, tho....if you contact Monolith in the case of a defective amp issue, do they simply refer you to ATI or only in the case of specific issues they can determine online? Can't imagine ATI is responsible in any case without a specific ticket from Monolith or others using ATI built amps....
I wasn’t told the specifics, just that if the ATI-made amp needed repair under warranty, ATI would repair the amp.

But I think you would first need to call the company who sold the amp.

Mr Tape

Mr Tape

Enthusiast

But Monopirce will say send it to Monoprice. I've already done that.

Mr Tape

Mr Tape

Enthusiast
Yes, that is true, but you still have to contact Monoprice to get one of their amps serviced, and they will send it to ATI.

Mr Tape

Mr Tape

Enthusiast
Not quite my question....if you buy from Outlaw or Monolith, they aren't part of the process, they simply refer you to ATI? I've just not heard of that before....altho it does make sense.
You need to contact Monoprice with problems with Monolith amps. They will receive it and forward it to ATI for service.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You need to contact Monoprice with problems with Monolith amps. They will receive it and forward it to ATI for service.
So you ship the amp to Monoprice first. Then Monoprice ships the amp to ATI? :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Makes sense as believe Monoprice doesn't service anything they sell....they didn't even have spare amps on hand for subs that developed issues early on (but believe they did change that...but been a while since I've seen anything on sub issues).....they would have the whole sub go back and exchanged rather than just the amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis