Any horror stories, please share them

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
I have a good rapport with a salesman at a store much closer to me & have been the beneficiary of some "unadvertised specials". Unfortunately, that store does not carry what I was looking for. Perhaps I was hasty in assuming that any A/V store would negotiate prices just because the one that I frequent will.
If that's not the policy with this one (it would appear they don't) then I guess my ignorance had a part in this. Still, the attitude of the guy I dealt with could've been better from the start.

I'm sure he was muttering about me after I left as much as I was muttering about him. :rolleyes:

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Sorry about that Zipper. I was bit harsh in that response. No worries I hope. ;)

I have two dealers that I have done most of my business with.

Dealer A - Offers the NAD and Paradigm gear I use. also offers Denon, Sony ES, Vandersteen, Revel, AR, DefinitiveTech. But this dealer has horrible service and demo rooms but offers the best deals. I can typically save 20 to 30 percent off sticker.

Dealer B - Offers Rotel, B&W, Musical Fiedelity, Marantz. All brands I love and some I have owned. This dealer doubles the manufactures warranty (5yrs max), and has top notch service with great demo rooms. But will not a budge a cent on price. You pay sticker period. Will not even consider negotiation unless the total is over 10,000. They have several sales a year and all cusotmers are notified about a month in advance.

Both are authorized dealers with different approaches. I have spent about 2000 at each.

Not sure if this really applies to the thread but thought I would share it.

zipper

zipper

Full Audioholic
No problems............I learned something here. Arrogance & ignorance don't make me a savvy shopper. I really thought that all high-end audio shopping was analagous to car shopping.

B

Brianphoto

Audioholic Intern
Do not buy Paradim speakers. My experience with their customer service has not been good. Read my thread under loudspeakers and subwoofers for details....

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
Well, I have been moving out of my dorm room so I have had no internet connection for the past few weeks. When I finally got a chance to look at this post a few things interested me in it.
First: I have actually learned a ton about shopping at high end equipment stores. I actually went back to that store just to test some of the theories put in this thread and they actually do work, the salesman just gave me his card and said if I need any help just hollar at him.
Second: This thread definitly did not work out the way I planned, which is OK.
And finally, I can not beleive how many people got attacked for just sharing thier stories with other people, thats why this thread was made.
Just some interesting things that I found out while creating this thread.

S

Six2Q

Audiophyte
Very long email to ideal audio video...

On June 24 I had placed an order for a Pioneer 1014tx A/V receiver. I had verified my address on July 6. Two days later on the eighth my credit card was charged. As of Tuesday July 26 I had still not received my shipment. Despite numerous calls I had made throughout July to locate my purchase I was unable to becuase your customer service department had informed me that it was "on the way". I was told this every time I had called. When I called on the 26th I was informed that the item I had ordered was on back order. I had been told for three weeks that "my purchase was on the way" when in reality it was on back order and nowhere even close to being on the way. Your website had also listed that you do have it in stock which was a complete lie when I had placed my order. Conveniently the receiver I had ordered is now removed from the list of products offered on your website. Last Wednesday, July 27, I had cancelled my order (609531) , and was told that I would receive my $364.88 back by the end of the week. That did not happen. I then called back the following Monday, August 1, and was told that "I should have gotten it back and that I would definitely have it by the end of the day Monday or mid day Tuesday." That did not happen. As of Tuesday evening I had still not received my money. I then called back yet again Wednesday afternoon only to be told that this process takes 4 to 7 days. Wednesday was the seventh day. I did not get my money once again. Thursday August 4, day 8, I was on hold with your customer service department for the second time that day as I had called once earlier only to be told that the computer system shows "that my cancellation was on schedule to be processed today or tomorrow and that my order would be printed out and taken to the billing department right away and rushed through." This was cooincidently the same exact thing that I was told on Monday, and the Wednesday before that. Monday August 8, day 12, I had called only to be told the same thing yet again; and only to receive the same result: NO MONEY. Thursday August 11, day 15, now over double the original "4 to 7 days" it takes to complete this transaction I have called again only to be told the same thing. That the transaction will be pushed through by the end of the day. Somehow I don't believe that. I have called PNC bank and I am currently waiting for paperwork on its way in the mail to file a dispute against Ideal Audio Video in order to get my money back. If I do not have my money or if the transaction is not in the works by the time I get the paperwork I will file the dispute against your company. After the dispute is filed this matter will then be between Ideal Audio Video and PNC Bank. My efforts thus far have been persistant yet fruitless. I am done wasting my time trying to get my money back on my own. I do not understand what it is about this process that takes so long to replace my payment. I do not understand why I have been told nothing but lies thus far. I do not understand why I keep getting told that I will get my money back when time and time again I do NOT get it back. I do not understand what kind of business it is that you are running but developing this type of customer relations cannot be good for sales. This entire fiasco has inclined me to never order from your website again. Ideal AV seems to be very quick about receiving peoples money but very hesitant about giving it back. By the way there isn't much that is ideal about this process. If I do not have my money back by the time I receive the paperwork for the dispute I will file it and let PNC Bank handle this ordeal from here on out. I have made numerous online purchases before and have never run into any problems like this with any company large or small. All that has happened since I placed my order was that I was lied to constantly and consistantly. I require that you email me in return to inform me what is being done about this matter.

I still dont have my money back as of 8/18/05

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
It looks like they also go by the name Dealznet... listed at the same address..
108 Ryder Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11230

Crooklyn (As my NY buddies call it)

The contact email on register is Markmarkevans@idealav.com

Good luck mate.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis