Any Good Slim/Stylish Floor Stand?

S

Shadow780

Enthusiast
Hi guys, I need some advice a pair of good slim/stylish floor stands.

Here's my current setup:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/Shadow780//DSC00227.JPG

As you can see there aren't many spaces in between my TV stand the my PC desk. And I'm planning on moving the sub from left to right under my PC desk. So that leaves just a few room for a pair of slim floor stands to fit in.

So can anyone recommend me a pair of decent slim/stylish floor stand?
Price Range $500~$1000

Thanks! Appreciate your help~

F

fishnugget

Audioholic Intern
How

do they compare to kef 3005 system. I have the same problem

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
On a lark, I demoed the Deff Tech Mythos 2 & 5 and a Boston Acoustic VR1. at BB today. I listened to a couple of cuts from Riding With The King on each. The VR1 was thin sounding and had no appeal to me. The Deff Techs to my supprise sounded darn good. I will bring some test CDs next time I am there and have a more varied listening session.

Nick

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nick250 said:
On a lark, I demoed the Deff Tech Mythos 2 & 5 and a Boston Acoustic VR1. at BB today. I listened to a couple of cuts from Riding With The King on each. The VR1 was thin sounding and had no appeal to me. The Deff Techs to my supprise sounded darn good. I will bring some test CDs next time I am there and have a more varied listening session.

Nick
I would go with Mirage just because of how shady Def Tech specs are. There is a review for the Mirage ones on this very site you know.

SheepStar

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep, I am considering everything up to $800 to use in my 2.1 system. I had not even heard of Mythos before today. But they had a nice sound to them. And yes, I know Deff Tech cooks the books on the FR numbers, but if it sounds good to me, then it matters not.

You know, the problem is, there are way too many choices in my price range. It's driving me batty.

Nick

S

Shadow780

Enthusiast
Nick250 said:
Sheep, I am considering everything up to $800 to use in my 2.1 system. I had not even heard of Mythos before today. But they had a nice sound to them. And yes, I know Deff Tech cooks the books on the FR numbers, but if it sounds good to me, then it matters not.

You know, the problem is, there are way too many choices in my price range. It's driving me batty.

Nick
me too....

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nick250 said:

Nick
Wait, why are you going for slim TOWERS in a 2.1 system? The subwoofer can handle the bass, get good bookshelfs man! :)

SheepStar

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
Wait, why are you going for slim TOWERS in a 2.1 system? The subwoofer can handle the bass, get good bookshelfs man! :)
SheepStar
In principle, I agree. But these guys sounded darn good. Caught me completely off guard. I think it was the Mythos Two I liked best. Way better than the Boston Acoustic VR1s I listened to at the same time. Now that I think about it, I could buy them with the 30 day return policy and compare them to my Paradigm Studio 20s.

Too many damn options.

Nick

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I'd keep the Paradigms. They're so sexeh.

SheepStar

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
The Studio 20s aren't going anywhere, they are staying.

Nick

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Nick250 said:

Nick
Nick;
Just out of curiosity, why would you compare the DefTech Mythos 2s with the BA VR1s? Price-wise, the VR2 or VR3s would be more in line with the Mythos 2s and are substantially better speakers, particularly the VR3s. The Mythos 5s are closer to Boston's VR-M series. Possibly they did not have the VR2s/VR3s available for comparision?

If you have the opportunity, I'd suggest listening to to either of these as opposed to the VR1s. The VR1s aren't bad speakers, but they aren't the best option for the money... -TD

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
tomd51 said:
Nick;
Just out of curiosity, why would you compare the DefTech Mythos 2s with the BA VR1s? Price-wise, the VR2 or VR3s would be more in line with the Mythos 2s and are substantially better speakers, particularly the VR3s. The Mythos 5s are closer to Boston's VR-M series. Possibly they did not have the VR2s/VR3s available for comparision?
-TD
Exactly TD, I went to Magnolia/BB store expressly to audition the VR2s and VCR3s. I did not think to call ahead and see if they had them on display. It turned out the VR1was the most expensive BA speaker they had on the premises! Needless to say I was bummed. As I think I have posted previously I had never heard of the Def Tech Mythos before that very moment. All the other Def Techs they had on hand were the ones with built in powered subs. So I gave the Mythos a listen.

Nick

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
That is a bummer... :(

Odd they wouldn't have the other VRs available, but to be honest, I'm not terribly surprised hearing this about BestBuy. Quite a difference in performance from the VR1s to the VR2s or 3s..

If you have any of the stand alone Magnolia stores, they may still carry the rest of the VR series, though I know these stores are pretty scarce... -TD

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
PSB Image T45s

Shadow780 said:
Hi guys, I need some advice a pair of good slim/stylish floor stands.

Here's my current setup:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/Shadow780//DSC00227.JPG

As you can see there aren't many spaces in between my TV stand the my PC desk. And I'm planning on moving the sub from left to right under my PC desk. So that leaves just a few room for a pair of slim floor stands to fit in.

So can anyone recommend me a pair of decent slim/stylish floor stand?
Price Range $500~$1000

Thanks! Appreciate your help~
I love them, Good solid easy to drive speaker with a very neutral sligjtly warmish but detailed sound.

Take a read thru this;
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/psb_image_t45.htm

S

Shadow780

Enthusiast
Thanks guys for all your inputs here, I think I'm gonna go with Mirage v2 FS to pair up with my center speaker which is also a Mirage.

But I'd really appreciate your help, thanks~

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis