Any FreeCAD Users Out There?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Warlord
I just downloaded this as it comes highly recommended as a... well... Free CAD option. The days of SketchUp being free are pretty far gone, though it still has some free web-only usability.

Anyway, I'm going to be learning this in hopes it will serve for my Speaker Design Goals, including being able to process files for CNC machines.

Would love to hear any thoughts on this, or other CAD programs out there!

Cheers!
R

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I just downloaded this as it comes highly recommended as a... well... Free CAD option. The days of SketchUp being free are pretty far gone, though it still has some free web-only usability.

Anyway, I'm going to be learning this in hopes it will serve for my Speaker Design Goals, including being able to process files for CNC machines.

Would love to hear any thoughts on this, or other CAD programs out there!

Cheers!
R
I have used the free/online TinkerCAD quite a bit. It is OK, hard to argue with free.

I have certainly found its limitations, namely that there are no options to turn on/off layers, which is an extremely useful feature. But, TinkerCAD still does 85% of what I would want to do. I'm just using CAD for custom designed 3D printing work.

I do hear that SketchUp is worth the cost of entry.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We have a group who is adopting OnShape. I was able to try it out during the pilot while we were testing it and it seems pretty good. There is a free option, though the full version is a paid app.

I manage Autodesk products use for my company.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis