Any Experience With A Pure Acoustics Noble Sub?

R

rnw124

Enthusiast
I was dead set on getting a Dayton Sub100 for my 2.1 set-up. But I came across a Pure Acoustics NobleSub 10in/150watt for about $50 more than the Dayton. I haven't been able to find any real review of this Pure Acoustics. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it and if it's a subwoofer that could be recommended.
The MSRP is around $400, but I found it for under $200 shipped. That's what kind of piqued my interest.

The Pure Acoustics site kind of has issues...when you click on Tech Specs for the Noble series it opens a new Outlook email. Otherwise, I'd post a link.

just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
I haven't been able to find any real review of this Pure Acoustics.
perhaps there is good reason for that.

kinda like walking into a restaurant at lunchtime, and no one is in there......

R

rnw124

Enthusiast
perhaps there is good reason for that.

kinda like walking into a restaurant at lunchtime, and no one is in there......
You're right! lol
Idk what I was thinking...I'm just about to pull the trigger on a PL-200, woohoo!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
-BUMP-

Anyone?

Aesthetically, budget & size wise it would be perfect for my needs. Only goes down to 35Hz with a 150W amp but the existing Velodyne in here now is no better spec wise and I'm relatively happy with it (14'x14' room, 90% music). I'd like to get 2 of them to match up with my KEF LS50's. There's no where to demo it and I'm leery of a product that has no intergoogle reviews. On the plus side it is based in Brooklyn, NY and a road trip might be informative.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
What , Just-Some-Guy said above - +1.
Pure acoustics is a sham, their "HQ" is private house, based in very residential area - just checkout their address in Google street view
Just pure (pun intended) re-branding of Chinese products

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Sound and Vision reviewed and measured: "The Noble SUB's close-miked response, normalized to the level at 80 Hz, indicates that the lower –3-dB point is at 46 Hz and the –6-dB point is at 42 Hz. The upper –3-dB point is at 98 Hz with the FREQ control set to its maximum of 180 Hz. Please note that the response begins to fall off above 70 Hz and therefore is not flat at our reference frequency of 80 Hz" ....I'd say run away.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
-BUMP-

Anyone?

Aesthetically, budget & size wise it would be perfect for my needs. Only goes down to 35Hz with a 150W amp but the existing Velodyne in here now is no better spec wise and I'm relatively happy with it (14'x14' room, 90% music). I'd like to get 2 of them to match up with my KEF LS50's. There's no where to demo it and I'm leery of a product that has no intergoogle reviews. On the plus side it is based in Brooklyn, NY and a road trip might be informative.
:D

Dayton Audio SUB-1000 10" 100 Watt Powered Subwoofer | 300-628

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I don't really care for S+V's subwoofer measurements since they are much less thorough than databass and audioholics...but it definitely appears that the pure acoustics sub is total poop.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the heads up. I just assumed that if Parts Express was selling it, it might be legit. I assumed incorrectly.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
In hindsight I think I came off a bit rude. This is how I wanted my response to be perceived. I was mocking my own ignorance.

Yes it is. I'm a moron. Feel better. :D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
-BUMP-

Anyone?

Yeah, I know this is a three year-old thread but it looks like you're CURRENTLY interested in an inexpensive sub with a great bang/buck ratio.

In that case, I recently got one of THESE and if you take the time to place it properly and integrate it into your system properly, it will not fail to satisfy, considering the price.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
In that case, I recently got one of THESE and if you take the time to place it properly and integrate it into your system properly, it will not fail to satisfy, considering the price.
I have no doubt it would satisfy my needs, I've researched the model (spec, reviews) but ... isn't there always a but it seems ... I need something more compact and I need 2 of them to match up with my KEF LS50's. Black Friday is coming up, I'm monitoring some sales; we'll see. I'm taking the long view and it's been very expensive outfitting 3 sound rooms. I have to tread very carefully now with any new purchase to keep peace in the kingdom.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
STF-2 Subwoofer

Is the Hsu STF-2 compact enough (19" tall, 14wide 17"deep)?
Good specs but just a bit too large. I'm limited in the space department on each side of the entertainment center, since it occupies 9', length wise, in a 14'x14' room and the entrance door eats up another 3' of that space. In hindsight I should have bought separate AV furniture components instead of a single unit but I had it before I rediscovered my passion for audiophile grade equipment and I just have to work around it until I build our retirement home.

EMP Tek ES1010i Subwoofer

Also, the EMPtek 1010i isn't small, but is quite narrow and good-looking, and on-sale for a GREAT price right now.

Both the Hsu and the EMP are described here: Subwoofer Round-up
This unit has just jumped into my top 5 after some research on the specs & reviews (not great but good) and in the looks department (the piano black finish would mesh with the LS50's quite well) and the price is spot on for 2 of them. In a perfect world I'd have money to burn and buy 2 SVS SVS SB12-NSD's or if I won the lottery I'd get 2 SVS SB13-Ultra's but I neither have the money to burn and I would have to start playing the lottery to make that 2nd option feasible.

I had read the "Subwoofer" roundup previously and discounted the EMPtek 1010i based on specs/warranty but in the cold light of reality and my impatience, I'd have to say they have risen mighty high in my estimation. I'm going to wait and see if anything better comes along during the holiday sales and go from there. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The SVS sealed boxes are as small as it gets if you want actual 20Hz performance. The SB1000 is 13" cube.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis