Any downsides to putting my entertainment system in garage?

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Well, how does it sound?
It sounds almost like it was in my living room, except the spacing between equipment in my garage is a bit greater. I think the rugs and pads are doing their job from preventing the sound from bouncing off cement.

I can really turn up the volume now without scaring my dog, albeit for short lengths as I want to keep my hearing.:)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It sounds almost like it was in my living room, except the spacing between equipment in my garage is a bit greater. I think the rugs and pads are doing their job from preventing the sound from bouncing off cement.

I can really turn up the volume now without scaring my dog, albeit for short lengths as I want to keep my hearing.:)
If you can clap your hands and not hear multiple reflections, the rugs & pads are working. If you do hear reflections, you could use more sound control.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
If you can clap your hands and not hear multiple reflections, the rugs & pads are working. If you do hear reflections, you could use more sound control.
For high frequencies only is the clap test useful.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
For high frequencies only is the clap test useful.
No, it works for midrange, too. Turn on your RTA and watch as you clap in different ways, to change the sound.

If you use an iPhone, download the ClapIR app- it shows the RT60 times at various frequencies.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I found a way to mount my ceiling Atmos speakers.. bought a piece of wood and nailed it to a piece of wood in center..then tied the speakers to the ends of the piece of wood.

first time having overhead speakers in a system.

8D2DE37F-934D-46D8-8D4A-51CFA721A7FA.jpeg

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
Quick question: where should I plug in the wiring on my receiver? As the surrounds (SL/SR)? Or as the front heights (FPL/FPR)?

86B4F5FD-C675-4EEE-A300-878FC154B6C6.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What avr? Surrounds would be bed layer, so if anything seems front heights would be the better choice....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis