Anthem STR Stereo Integrated Amplifier Preview

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's the stereophile measurements for the integrated, which seems respectable:

Thoughts/opinions on the measurements?
JA summed it up as "respectable". I don't see anything that much (if at all..) better than even a good Denon AVR, though you probably know many people can't even audibly detect 1% THD+N in blind tests. If you want better number though, there is always their separates, the STR preamp and power amp.

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
When you post something that is vague, some might just reply without reading through X number of posts to see that you're not referencing the product that the thread is about.
Incorrect. I was referencing the the product the entire thread was about, the Anthem STR Stereo Integrated Amplifier in thread titled same.

Also, starting a new thread would prevent the accidents from happening as your second post was just a wee bit condescending when you consider your part in this. :rolleyes:
Starting a new thread does make sense when an existing one is here, and it's a safe bet that the topic being discussed in a thread entitled "Anthem STR Stereo Integrated Amplifier Preview" is likely about... wait for it...the Anthem STR Integrated Amplifier. Reality is, he may have taken the time to realize it was a thread on the Integrated Amplifier vs the separates he'd reviewed, vs being snarky and I was no less condescending than he was toward me. That does not seem unreasonable to me. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
JA summed it up as "respectable". I don't see anything that much (if at all..) better than even a good Denon AVR, though you probably know many people can't even audibly detect 1% THD+N in blind tests. If you want better number though, there is always their separates, the STR preamp and power amp.
While I'd like to have the separates, I have no complaints from the integrated. People questioned if the unit would test as Anthem claimed for performance specs, and it seems pretty close from what I gather from that report.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Incorrect. I was referencing the the product the entire thread was about, the Anthem STR Stereo Integrated Amplifier in thread titled same.

Starting a new thread does make sense when an existing one is here, and it's a safe bet that the topic being discussed in a thread entitled "Anthem STR Stereo Integrated Amplifier Preview" is likely about... wait for it...the Anthem STR Integrated Amplifier. Reality is, he may have taken the time to realize it was a thread on the Integrated Amplifier vs the separates he'd reviewed, vs being snarky and I was no less condescending than he was toward me. That does not seem unreasonable to me. Your mileage may vary.
Well, see, I missed that too. ;⁠)

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Which is not my fault nor problem and his snarky response clearly unwarranted...
No, but you can see how the owner/operator who gets unwarranted heat might be a bit reactive at times. I'm not defending his comment,. I'm just saying that replying that way and your's serves no one any good. Just my $.02

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Ummm, you sir may want to read the thread to which you responded before ASSuming. We are discussing the integrated amp (which I own and am a big fan of ....) vs the separates.
Absolutely waste of resources and time for us to review the integrated when I did a full test of the separates. Basically very similar product but will slightly less power.

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
Absolutely waste of resources and time for us to review the integrated when I did a full test of the separates. Basically very similar product but will slightly less power.
That probably should have been your initial response to my post. So pre specs are identical and the only differences are slightly less power? Even testing to see if the unit lived up to the claimed specs would be interesting to see as members here seemed to strongly question them by the internals seen.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis