Anthem MRX1120 and MiniDsp

J

JJMcQuade

Audiophyte
About to start setting up my HT system with my 1120 and dual subs. Should I run Genesis first and then start tweaking the subs with the minidsp and REW or what procedural order should I do it in? My subs sound pretty good now with just Genesis but I am a little confused how to integrate the minidsp into the mix to fine tune the subs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is Genesis? The Anthem has ARC....

If it is ARC then you can use that alone but if you want to do additional setup with the subs particularly, I'd set them up via the minidsp then run ARC to integrate with your speakers...

J

JJMcQuade

Audiophyte
What is Genesis? The Anthem has ARC....

If it is ARC then you can use that alone but if you want to do additional setup with the subs particularly, I'd set them up via the minidsp then run ARC to integrate with your speakers...
Genesis is just the newest version of ARC. If I set the subs up first with REW and minidsp, will ARC not flatten it?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Genesis is just the newest version of ARC. If I set the subs up first with REW and minidsp, will ARC not flatten it?
I didn't see that on the 1120 product page, they just mentioned ARC. I'd prefer to set up the system as flat as possible before applying a preference in the way of a specific house curve in the eq....which you could afterwards.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis