Anthem MRX 700 have enough power to power Studio 100s

G

greatestone77

Audiophyte
Just wanting to know everyones opinion on the 700 to see if it has enough power for a pair of studio 100s. They'll be used in a home theater set up in a room 22x12. Thanks

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Just wanting to know everyones opinion on the 700 to see if it has enough power for a pair of studio 100s. They'll be used in a home theater set up in a room 22x12. Thanks
The Studio 100 V5 has in room sensitivity of 93 dB/W/M so I would think that in a 22X12 with 8 or 9 ft ceiling the MRX700 should be fine especially in 2 channel applications. More power never hurts though and the 100's can certainly take more.

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
This is the set-up I have in my living room (which is similar in size to your dimensions). This combo works very well together and sounds fantastic, even at relatively loud volumes. I wouldn't hesitate going with this set-up.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Hey Astrodon, what have you been up to? Long time no type.

astrodon

astrodon

Audioholic
Hey Astrodon, what have you been up to? Long time no type.
Hi Jinjuku, I've been busy at work, which unfortunately carries over to home life, so I don't get much time to check out audioholics. Since I had knowledge about the original post here, I decided to answer. I hope all is well with you. Cheers!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis