Anthem MRX 520 shutdown issue

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have the same problem and i send my Anthem MRX 520 for repair in Spain and same result has
paulzher dont have resolution Anthem is poor quality Brand with poor rebiality
Did you get a RESPONSE from Anthem?

What did they say? Sorry, we just can't fix your Anthem AVR?

R

rmesquita

Audiophyte
I send my Anthem to the Repair in Spain and can see the issue, they can't fix the problem i send to the Anthem to and no solution, Anthem is low quality Product, i have one Yamaha receiver and Onkyo Receiver no issues the two are with my childrens and work everyday The Anthem with 3 Years have the shut down issues. a low reliability product.

R

rmesquita

Audiophyte
Most of these surge protectors are pretty much useless in that regard. A power strip is useful, but don't put any faith in the surge protection capabilities.

But, you could be on the right track with poor power as the root of the problem.
the Problem is with Anthem components i have the same issue

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I send my Anthem to the Repair in Spain and can see the issue, they can't fix the problem i send to the Anthem to and no solution, Anthem is low quality Product, i have one Yamaha receiver and Onkyo Receiver no issues the two are with my childrens and work everyday The Anthem with 3 Years have the shut down issues. a low reliability product.
You would think that if the AVR is under warranty and they can't fix it, then they would send you a replacement.

But I assume they could NOT fix it and still won't send you a replacement.

R

rmesquita

Audiophyte
You would think that if the AVR is under warranty and they can't fix it, then they would send you a replacement.

But I assume they could NOT fix it and still won't send you a replacement.
Is out of warranty, my AV Receiver don't turn off on Spain Dealer, and then they send back for me , they took 1 month to see my problem and then the receiver works,
if they are out of power for a long time it works for 1 week then it starts to turn off

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
Hi

OP here. I think the issue might be with the power supply board. I saw a similar (not exactly the same) issue with a Yamaha receiver on youtube, where the guy fixes it by replacing some $2 capacitor on the power supply board.

I haven't had the time (nor desire) to open up my unit and check all the caps on the power board. Also because I got myself a Marantz pre-pro which has been working fine since (touchwood). Although I miss the sound from the Anthem, I decided it was better to have something that works and not shut itself down on me all the time, even if I am not 100% satisfied with the sound.

Cheers

SpaceTime

SpaceTime

Audiophyte
I just had my MRX-520 repaired at Paradigm/Anthem in Ontario Canada for this exact problem. Cause was a bad capacitor on the input board (C600). Cost was $160 + $33.21 return freight to southern US.

P

paulzhere

Junior Audioholic
Waking up an otherwise dead thread here. Just wanted to update that I finally got my MRX 520 fixed. A guy in the locality was kind enough to look into the issue and he found the culprit to be a "dry solder" on the SMB board. He attributes it to low quality solder used in the manufacturing. In any case, I started it up and tried to run ARC genesis on it for the first time and immediately ran into another issue, "Critical audio problem" although the quick measure works just fine. I have posted about it in another thread. Anthem products and their software are a bunch of crap. This is my very last Anthem device for sure.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis