Anthem MCA 325 vs Monolith 3 X 200 Amp

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes exactly a good amp can last you for decades at least 10 years easily more
So to not be able to service something that usually can last that long if it busts 5 years outside its warranty because they no longer carry the parts? A little concerning to me
I thought about purchasing there speakers I've been wanting to try them but a fella was telling me to be careful cuz they were going to discontinue that line with a new one. So I'd better order everything I need then
I was like Damn they came out with these not too long ago
Just makes you wary of purchasing when they flip lines so fast and won't help with an older lineup
If it was 20 years old yeah but we're talking 2 3 years ago
Definitely don't buy anything from Emo that has an amp inside (speakers, subs, and amps) because after the warranty is over, you're screwed.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Definitely don't buy anything from Emo that has an amp inside (speakers, subs, and amps) because after the warranty is over, you're screwed.
Where can you get a Monolith amp? Monoprice has bad practice of selling use amps for the same price as new, how stupid is that.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I was reading their warranty FAQs yesterday and I came away thinking that they really don't want or like to fix anything after if breaks. They have a price structure depending on what needs to be fixed so that you know upfront what it's going to cost. From the sounds of it, it seems like those prices are so high that they basically just tell you to trade it in for a new one. Since they have all those trade-in programs going on.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Where can you get a Monolith amp? Monoprice has bad practice of selling use amps for the same price as new, how stupid is that.
They have b-stock and open box amps on their site all the time. If they're selling used as new, that's not cool (also news to me).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I was reading their warranty FAQs yesterday and I came away thinking that they really don't want or like to fix anything after if breaks. They have a price structure depending on what needs to be fixed so that you know upfront what it's going to cost. From the sounds of it, it seems like those prices are so high that they basically just tell you to trade it in for a new one. Since they have all those trade-in programs going on.
Yeah, Emo should state upfront, "Yo, we ain't fixing nothing, you trade it in or buy new gears!" :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah, Emo should state upfront, "Yo, we ain't fixing nothing, you trade it in or buy new gears!" :D
I will stay away from their amps. I'm still going back and forth regarding their 16 channel processor. Specifically the XMC-2. Even after its release and all the early bugs and the updates to fix said bugs, the people I follow who have them keep saying that it is an amazing processor and works like a champ. Obviously nobody can speak to the longevity of the current lineup since they were just released not too long ago, but I'd like to think you'll get some solid years out of it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
How did you conclude that Monoprice has sold Used Amps as "NEW"?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I will stay away from their amps. I'm still going back and forth regarding their 16 channel processor. Specifically the XMC-2. Even after its release and all the early bugs and the updates to fix said bugs, the people I follow who have them keep saying that it is an amazing processor and works like a champ. Obviously nobody can speak to the longevity of the current lineup since they were just released not too long ago, but I'd like to think you'll get some solid years out of it.
Rolling the dice, man. For that kind of money on electronics, you better hope it lasts a few years because if it breaks, you'll be shelling out some money to buy something new.

I assume you are set on getting Dirac Room EQ?

Would be nice if they could just sell Dirac as a standalone Single box so people could use it with whatever processors they have.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Rolling the dice, man. For that kind of money on electronics, you better hope it lasts a few years because if it breaks, you'll be shelling out some money to buy something new.

I assume you are set on getting Dirac Room EQ?

Would be nice if they could just sell Dirac as a standalone Single box so people could use it with whatever processors they have.
I'll most likely spend the extra money on the ATI 16 channel. If not that one, then I'm looking at the Trinnov 16 channel.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll most likely spend the extra money on the ATI 16 channel. If not that one, then I'm looking at the Trinnov 16 channel.
Is the 15.1 MX170 (with Room Perfect) or the 13.2 MX123 (with Audyssey, and only $8,000) not good enough for you?:D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Is the 15.1 MX170 (with Room Perfect) or the 13.2 MX123 (with Audyssey, and only $8,000) not good enough for you?:D
The new McIntosh Processors, specifically the MX170 do look awesome, but if I were to go down the McIntosh road, I would want everything McIntosh. Don't have the budget for that stuff at this time. Have to keep some things in check. I'm willing to spend on a high quality processor. But not spend $10k on one amp. Have to save my budget for speakers and other components.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I looked on there lineup yesterday and there bstock was less then there new so I'm not seeing what your seeing

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
I am currently using an Emotiva XPA5 gen 2. It replaced my Rotel RB-993 and 2 of the old Marantz MA500 Monoblocks that I wish I had kept.
I personally heard zero difference in sound between them with my B&W DM604's,DM601's and HTM2 center. What WAS different was the amount of heat produced. The Rotel ran very warm to hot depending on what was being played. The XPA5 barely ever gets past slightly warm.

If/when the XPA5 dies it will most likely be a Monolith or possibly an Outlaw amp that will replace it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis