Anthem LCOS Projector

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Brand new for 2009 is the Anthem LCOS Projector model LTX 500 (also on hand was the lower priced 300 model - both just re-branded JVC projectors). The projector is full HD, THX ready and includes 2 HDMI inputs, as well as RGB rca inputs, an S-Video out and an RS-232 serial port for communications. Features a 50,000 to 1 contrast ratio. The MSRP is $7499.

Discuss "Anthem LCOS Projector" here. Read the article.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Just for fun - let's all just buy the JVC projectors and enjoy the quality from the OEM instead of these knockoffs okay? ;)

At least we haven't seen a Runco branded version. They probably will go to Dell instead so they maintain their proper quality reputation.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
You mean you wouldn't pay extra $$$ for it to say "Anthem" on it :eek:?

All joking aside, it seems to me (unless I am mistaken, which I usually am :rolleyes:) that the LTX 500 is the JVC DLA-HD750, which actually has a higher MSRP at $8000 than the Anthem at $7500. If this is true it surprises the hell out of me :D.

I think Runco was actually planning on going for a rebrand of this with an MSRP of $14995 ;):
http://www.amazon.com/Senario-22208-Torpedo-Dark-Projector/dp/B000EULXNY

Last edited:
S

Sherardp

Audioholic
I'll take the JVC any day, not a fan of that red stripe either. JVC projectors are second to none for the price you pay.

H

hodedofome

Audioholic Intern
I believe the JVC projectors are going to have a lower MSRP than what they've announced previously. So it could be $7500 or less by the time it comes out.

F

FreddyC

Audiophyte
I thought that I read somewhere that Anthem was going to be creating a high-end HTiB, with a JVC projector (or maybe an Anthem projector), and one of their pre-amps. I guess it makes sense in this case to just go ahead and rebadge it. But that red stripping ... why couldn't they keep it simple like Pioneer did?

F

funlvr1965

Audiophyte
Anthem makes great products and have excellent support, I have their D2 audio processor but this is definately a new direction for them and I wish them well

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis