H

Herschel

Audiophyte
looking to buy the 1140, however I learned it does not have the HDMI 2.1 for Next GEN Gaming. You will need to get a new “Board” when it is available.
Sooo, I called Anthem and learned it may cost up to $500 for the
‘Board” that will add 2.1 HDMI and that does not include labor. Makes me wonder is it worth buying now?

Thoughts?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't call the Anthem pricing in general a value proposition. I assume you're a gamer and this is a needed feature for such (I'm not a gamer whatsoever, so curious)?

H

Herschel

Audiophyte
I wouldn't call the Anthem pricing in general a value proposition. I assume you're a gamer and this is a needed feature for such (I'm not a gamer whatsoever, so curious)?
Not understanding your question?

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
looking to buy the 1140, however I learned it does not have the HDMI 2.1 for Next GEN Gaming. You will need to get a new “Board” when it is available.
Sooo, I called Anthem and learned it may cost up to $500 for the
‘Board” that will add 2.1 HDMI and that does not include labor. Makes me wonder is it worth buying now?

Thoughts?
If you need hdmi 2.1 I would wait Until they start shipping the units with the hdmi 2.1 board Next year.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I would definitely wait until they include it, or look at options from Yamaha, Marantz or Denon. He wants HDMI 2.1 because it provides new features including Variable Refresh Rate, Auto Low Latency Mode, which is great for FPS (First Person Shooters), and 4K passthrough at 120 frames per second. These are huge benefits for the gaming and VR crowd.

At least when I bought my AV8802 back in the day, they did the HDMI 2.0 upgrade board for free. Did not think the upgrade would cost that much.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I would definitely wait until they include it, or look at options from Yamaha, Marantz or Denon. He wants HDMI 2.1 because it provides new features including Variable Refresh Rate, Auto Low Latency Mode, which is great for FPS (First Person Shooters), and 4K passthrough at 120 frames per second. These are huge benefits for the gaming and VR crowd.

At least when I bought my AV8802 back in the day, they did the HDMI 2.0 upgrade board for free. Did not think the upgrade would cost that much.
Agreed, if someone wants to have a certain feature, it is better to wait for the newer version than to count on a pay upgrade. Such hardware upgrades always cost more because in additional to shipping both ways, it also will cost the manufacturers labor cost, not just the parts.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, yes to maximize the full capabilities of the PS5 and Xbox Series X.
Thanks, like I said, not a gamer and don't know how much content there is needing those features at this time. I don't expect sufficient content in terms of movies in that format to ever consider needing it.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis