Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania...Disney has a Marvel Problem

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Both of the previous Fantastic 4 films were garbage already. DisneyMarvel isn't likely to fix that with their formula approach.

I mean, they took two Oscar winning directors, put them at the helm of some good possibilities and duds were delivered. The problem isn't who they are hiring, it is their bureaucracy and lack of vision.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The future might look better for James Gunn and DC.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I think you mean Marvel, now that they are owned by Disney, has a Disney problem.

Jackman will be playing Wolverine one last time in Deadpool 3, even if it might be cameo/short only. Deadpool doesn't fit their formula and don't really directly tie into any of the other films, so those previous two were both fun.

Cocaine Bear looks hilarious. Not sure I would go to the theater to watch it though lol.
Chicken or the Egg. Marvel is a Problem for Disney, Disney may be a problem for Marvel, but all $$$ goes to the mouse!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Marvel had issues before Disney. Now they just churn stuff out for that mouse.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it last night and I liked it better than the first Antman & Wasp flick storyline. I watched the 4K version of it and the picture quality is stellar. The soundtrack however is very anemic with all opportunities of gut shaking bass being missed. Surround use was also weak.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I watched it a few weeks back too. Not terrible, not memorable. Visuals were good in some parts and sort of "cheap" feeling in others, but overall it was watchable.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I watched it a few weeks back too. Not terrible, not memorable. Visuals were good in some parts and sort of "cheap" feeling in others, but overall it was watchable.
I watched it a few weeks back too. Agree, it was mildly entertaining. Considering the cast, I hoped for more. As you mentioned earlier, it seems they lost vision and are going to milk the formula to the last drop.

It makes me wonder if when the Marvel movies (or this genre) were just in their infancy were they writing better scripts or was it just new and exciting? To my reckoning, the original Iron Man and Captain America had more substance in every way - except perhaps special effects.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis