Another Sub question - Canadian perspective again

L

luckaz

Audiophyte
Hello luckaz it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

OK Fine then, I do have a question I would like to ask but was too shy, I've been reading like mad trying to find my next sub.
Currently;
Onix x-ls fronts
Onix x-sub
Yamaha rxv 659
Optoma HD72 projector
Mission surrounds (bought used)
Kiplisch center
(can you tell I've used the suggestions on this site a few time to put together my system?)

Everything sounds and looks great but the sub just doesn't hit me like I want and I have a 3600 sq foot room. I need something bigger. I want to feel the movies in my prostate.
I would really like the HSU VTF-2 MK 3 but with shipping and duties and taxes to canada the HSu will cost a lot. A factory 2nd Axiom EP350 shipped will be less expensive and probably less hassle.

Question; Is the EP350 a big step down from the HSU? I don't want to have that lingering upgrade-itis with this next purchase. Will I be disappointed?

Any help, input, advice suggestion appreciated.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
make sure to check out the canadian distributor of SVS ... sonicboomaudio.com

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
The Manila member suggested SVS, I second that. Got mine from the US, you can order use from the Canadian distributor.

Recommend a down firing model with the big plate.

A

alexadams77

Audioholic Intern
The good thing about Axiom and SVS is that you can buy the sub, "Test" it out and if you don't like it, you can send it back and either upgrade/downgrade or get a refund. You do have to pay for return shipping and then shipping costs for the SVS sub, because Axiom puts shipping into their prices. You really can't go wrong with that at all.

L

luckaz

Audiophyte
Thanks for the tips, I'll check out those sites.
Any thoughts on the ep350? It is hard to find reviews or comparisons to the HSU.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The growing consensus regarding Axioms subs seems to be nothing below the EP500 is worth it.

I'd stick with a larger(12inch) SVS/HSU.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis