Another Soul Being Saved

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
So I was hanging out with my friend at a 24-hour greasy spoon last night/this morning. His older brother is getting married soon and just purchased his first house. It's pretty nice. He's going to have a Man Cave in the garage attic (he already made a $5000 shopping list at Lowe's) as well as other improvements. I asked what else and my friend said they're going to put in a theater. My interest was piqued.

For reference, my friend works in the electronics department at Wal Mart, so he's familiar with TVs, DVD players, etc, but not too much with hi-fi. When I asked him what kind of speakers he was putting in, this was his response:

"Well, Bose has a sale every 6 months and..."

To which I replied that Bose sucks. He was skeptical. So, now I have to work on him to get some decent speakers that look pretty and sound great. I have no idea on budget yet, but when I do, I know I'll be posting here to get some input. I'm hoping I (with the help of Audioholics) can get the Man Cave in the basement to kick as much *** as possible.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
He will thank you endlessly for saving him from the money pit of Bose, at least he should. Oh well, that's one less poor soul to worry about.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I've learned from bitter experience that a soul, such as the one described, is not actually saved until the purchase is made. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back until you see a receipt. Many a time I thought I had someone set on the good and noble path only to find out that they purchased a BlOSE system on a lark...."But I just couldn't wait..."

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I didn't say he was saved yet, but more in the process of being saved. I know that I have a lot of work to do, but I think I should be able to turn him from the Dark Side.

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Humor him

Ask him to join you on an outing where he can bring material he knows and likes. Listen to different systems, B%$# included. Make sure you are physically present to avoid aforementioned phenomena.

One hazard - difficult to believe - some people just don't care how it sounds.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
I've pretty much stopped trying to reson with people about bad audio decisions, because everyone knows it all and won't take advise.

Paul

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis