another reciever suggestion needed if you folks don't mind.

Mooney

Mooney

Enthusiast
i'm looking to spend under $1000 canadian, and just have a few simple needs.

i want 3 or 4 hdmi 1.3a inputs and support dolby true hd and dts hd. i don't care about upscaling or whatnot, i just want to be able to switch between more than two hdmi sources. it will be used for music, 5.1 hd-dvds, and videogames about equally. i have klipsh rb10, rc10, rs-10 and a velodyne dps12.

the denon 788 or 888 would have fit the bill i would think except they only have two hdmi input. i would have bought an onkyo 705 already probably, but i am having trouble getting one here in east coast canada. do you think i should risk buying one off ebay?? with the high canadian dollar that is looking tempting.

Mooney

Mooney

Enthusiast
i also have a question about video processing/converting capabilities.

i have a hd satelite reciever that does a horrendous job of scaling SD to HD. my parents have the exact same tv without HD and the SD looks much better for them.

if i get a a/v reciever capable of upconverting, is there a chance at making it look better?

edit: i think i might have just cleared up some of my own confusion. i'm guessing for better sd scaling i would have to go into the satelite options and change the output to 420p or whatever every time i watch something in sd to send that to the a/v reciever in hopes that it can then do a better job at scaling it to 720p.

Last edited:
V

Vart

Audioholic
i would have bought an onkyo 705 already probably, but i am having trouble getting one here in east coast canada. do you think i should risk buying one off ebay?? with the high canadian dollar that is looking tempting.
Why can't you get the 705 in Canada? Is it a shipping issue?

If you get one off of ebay and there is a problem with it chances are the seller won't help you out. Except maybe if it is DOA.

C

CaptainAudio

Audioholic Intern
I am also located in Canada but I purchased some equipment from these guys http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ shipping was fast and their customer service was second to NONE!

They have the Onyko currently in stock.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis