Another Close To Home!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Actor Ron Glass passed away today. He is from Evansville, Indiana and a graduate of the University of Evansville. Moreover, Evansville is merely my home. Live right across the mighty Ohio River from there. Grew up watching the Barney Miller Show! Heartfelt condolences goes out to all of his family and friends. May Ron RIP! Amen Father!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Glass

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Anyone here ever watch the Barney Miller Show? I grew up watching it. My Mom loved the show. Ron Glass was such a talented actor. Yes, I am that old.......LOL!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, I remember Barney Miller. Ron Glass played the very cool detective who was always writing a novel.

Many years later he was in the cast of Firefly, in a preacher-like role, The Shepherd. If you haven't seen it, find or rent a copy of that single-season TV series. Too bad that series didn't last longer, as they had just begun to develop The Shepherd's character.

RIP Ron Glass.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I remember Barney Miller. Ron Glass played the very cool detective who was always writing a novel.

Many years later he was in the cast of Firefly, in a preacher-like role, The Shepherd. If you haven't seen it, find or rent a copy of that single-season TV series. Too bad that series didn't last longer, as they had just begun to develop The Shepherd's character.

RIP Ron Glass.
Yeah I have seen him in several other roles. Such a talented actor. Here locally Ron is a big time celebrity. There are a lot of famous people from my neck of the woods. Evansville, IN is also home to Don Mattingly and Bob Griese. REO Speed Wagon's original keyboard player is also from Evansville.

Florida Georgia Line's drummer and 5 Fingered Death Punch's drummer is from the Evansville area. Florence Henderson was born right outside of Evansville, but grew up in Owensboro, KY. Johnny Depp was also born in Owensboro, KY. Tyler Acoustics is located there as well. I live 26-miles from Ownesboro. Lastly, Robin Williams stayed in Evansville for a time as his father lived there at one time. Granda Jones formerly of Hee Haw was born right here in my hometown. Anyways, there are more, but that is all I can think of right now......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

jinjuku

jinjuku

I liked him in Barney and when I first saw him in Firefly I did a double take.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I liked him in Barney and when I first saw him in Firefly I did a double take.
Hey Mark if you ever run into Jennifer Lawrence be sure to tell her a BIG hello for me.....LOL!!!! No really, there is no doubt that Ron was such a seasoned actor. May he RIP!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis