Another AA Love Story

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Good to hear you like them. You should consider getting speaker stands for them!

noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
Good to hear you like them. You should consider getting speaker stands for them!
I definitely want stands, really wish they weren't so close to the wall.

Can anyone chime in with suggestions for a center, whether I should go with an AA moniter (most likely on its side), or dennis's pioneer center speaker mod?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's probably a question for Dennis. I'd say another one vertical if possible (on the fridge instead of the receiver lol), but horizontal if needed. The BR1s didn't have a matching center AFAIK, so he'd have to come up with the design and the idea behind these was to use something existing and cost effective to build upon.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That's probably a question for Dennis. I'd say another one vertical if possible (on the fridge instead of the receiver lol), but horizontal if needed. The BR1s didn't have a matching center AFAIK, so he'd have to come up with the design and the idea behind these was to use something existing and cost effective to build upon.
John, I have asked Dennis this very same question. He recommended using a single AA monitor as a center. It should work really well. Also, recommend these speaker stands for the OP:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/speaker-stands/hivi-acoustics-accessories

Just bought a set myself and they are very nice. Got mine for $99 and free shipping! My Ultras are on them now as we speak. Just thought that I would mention them.

Cheers,

Phil

noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
John, I have asked Dennis this very same question. He recommended using a single AA monitor as a center. It should work really well. Also, recommend these speaker stands for the OP:

https://www.chanemusiccinema.com/speaker-stands/hivi-acoustics-accessories

Just bought a set myself and they are very nice. Got mine for $99 and free shipping! My Ultras are on them now as we speak. Just thought that I would mention them.

Cheers,

Phil
I really like the look of those, they've been bookmarked. For now everything is going in a 10x10x8 bedroom so I'm going without stands, but definitely in the future.

There's just something about using a speaker designed mainly for its bass extension that throws me off. Also, the get that they're so tall would require me to raise the tv... Is it a common issue in home theater, that is the fact that the television should be at eye level and the speakers should be at ear level.

noflers

noflers

Junior Audioholic
Couldn't make up my mind if that was carefully groomed toe hair or a tat....but didn't really want to know on the other hand.
Haha, this has me cracking up at work earlier. I guess I could maybe comb the toe hair into some sort of design, but it'd have to be beard thick to shave something into it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis