Angled room system help

D

danparris99

Audiophyte
hello all,

I'm semi new to home theater equipment. Years ago I had soundbars and car audio but now that I have a house and a bigger space I'm looking to jump into a full system. I am having troubles deciding on what type of setup I should do with the angled viewing room I have (attached pics). Also I have no idea where to start when it comes to brand/model of equipment being that 75% of the listening will be for movie viewing. I'm leaning towards doing 1 center, 2 bookshelves in the middle, 2 in the rear and a sub
Screenshot_20200815-105309_Gallery.jpg
but need suggestions. Thanks in advance.

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
Surrounds are supposed to be more to the side slightly back and not really behind. Do you have the room for surrounds, or it might be an idea to use the money to get a better 2.1 setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure I understand, the room doesn’t look angled to me.

But if that’s the TV location, don’t waste your time with a full system. You can’t get a good surround sound experience with a corner TV: You can’t get good separation from the speakers, especially with the seat at that distance, and the rear speaker locations you’d end up are all out of whack in relation to the fronts. Just stick with a sound bar and call it a day.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

D

danparris99

Audiophyte
Surrounds are supposed to be more to the side slightly back and not really behind. Do you have the room for surrounds, or it might be an idea to use the money to get a better 2.1 setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure I understand, the room doesn’t look angled to me.

But if that’s the TV location, don’t waste your time with a full system. You can’t get a good surround sound experience with a corner TV: You can’t get good separation from the speakers, especially with the seat at that distance, and the rear speaker locations you’d end up are all out of whack in relation to the fronts. Just stick with a sound bar and call it a day.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Just go with a soundbar? Would a soundbar with surrounds be a waste?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, for the same reason a full system would be.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As much as I hate to ask, can you mount the tv above the fireplace? Or rotate the room to fit better?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis