Angelo Badalameti passes away

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Dead at 85, natural causes. So many good scores. The scores for Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks, the original and 'Return' as well as "Fire Walk With Me," are timeless and hugely influential. As good as any score that was ever composed for anything. His other stuff with Julee Cruise, who also passed away this year in June, is terrific. There are a lot of gems in his discography. I suppose it shouldn't be a shock when an 85-year-old dies of natural causes, but it still came as a shock to me since I have been a fan ever since Twin Peaks, and he seemed too much of an artistic giant for too long to ever just die.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Dead at 85, natural causes. So many good scores. The scores for Blue Velvet and Twin Peaks, the original and 'Return' as well as "Fire Walk With Me," are timeless and hugely influential. As good as any score that was ever composed for anything. His other stuff with Julee Cruise, who also passed away this year in June, is terrific. There are a lot of gems in his discography. I suppose it shouldn't be a shock when an 85-year-old dies of natural causes, but it still came as a shock to me since I have been a fan ever since Twin Peaks, and he seemed too much of an artistic giant for too long to ever just die.
This.
I weep.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Very sorry to hear.

The music from Twin Peaks, TV series is stunning, as well as the TV series itself. When Twin Peaks was originally sent on TV over here it disrupted the lives of everyone. Then there were no possibilities for replay, so we had to watch livecast through the national channel NRK.
(I did not have VCR)

An absolutely fundamental part of the series was the music by Badalameti.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis