Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Monoprice has several ANC earbud options. The wife is very happy with hers. I wanted something a little cheaper for myself to use at work, and I went with these Creative's. I have no complaints, they work well for music and audiobooks when it's slow at work.
Oh boy, the Creatives are pretty nicely priced. I spent all afternoon yesterday going through rtings and narrowed it down to these 2 for 80 bucks.

I like the price on that second pair you recommended tho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
RTings only has the previous version of them reviewed:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/creative/outlier-air-v2-true-wireless

The V3 adds active noise canceling and the app has a pretty large range of eq adjustments that you can make to it, and I like how long the battery lasts.
Boy those do tic a lot of the right boxes, and the v3 is only a couple more dollars. Looks like JBL and Anker are more neutral as far as fr, but that's never been a factor for me before and the price is nice for the Creatives. Hmm... ima think on it a little and order a pair today.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I thought you meant some Samsung Galaxy OEM inspired case, lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ordered my earbuds. I went with the JBLs.

They originally retailed for $200 ($150 still on JBL's site) and look like they're pretty neutral, accurate buds. I've never owned a set of buds or cans geared toward sq before so I'm treating myself a bit on this one. Hopefully they last a lot longer than the wired ones I'm used to. I go through those fairly often, but that's likely cable related shorts.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Enjoy the earbuds.
Ty! They work great too! Just a little tricky to find when I wake up in the morning...

I came so close to ordering the Creatives but went ahead and splurged a little for more accuracy. I've never owned headphones that cost more than 20 bucks or are geared toward sq. Those JBLs are really nice. They can play bass almost as deep as my subs do.

Altho, once you start getting below 20 hz they make an unhappy sound that caught me off guard. I was playing some 17 hz bass boosted Enya and could hear a fluttering sound when it got REALLY deep.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Glad you like them. They were on my short list too, but I've got a nice set of wired buds for SQ so decided not to spend that much money on BT ones.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Glad you like them. They were on my short list too, but I've got a nice set of wired buds for SQ so decided not to spend that much money on BT ones.
Yeah, if Samsung didn't get rid of the port I'd still use the wired ones I already have. That's a little perplexing, why get rid of a perfectly useful port? There is a little bit of lag over bt and wired is still a much more superior connection.

Now... these are advertised as "true wireless" tho. Is that different from Bluetooth? I need to dl the companion app and start playing around with it.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, if Samsung didn't get rid of the port I'd still use the wired ones I already have. That's a little perplexing, why get rid of a perfectly useful port? There is a little bit of lag over bt and wired is still a much more superior connection.

Now... these are advertised as "true wireless" tho. Is that different from Bluetooth? I need to dl the companion app and start playing around with it.
I was under the impression that "True wireless" is just marketing speak for the buds aren't connected to each other by a wire.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was under the impression that "True wireless" is just marketing speak for the buds aren't connected to each other by a wire.
Ahh, that makes sense. I was wondering if it meant they worked over wifi or something too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just to update, I'm super happy with the tablet and the new earbuds. I'd heartily recommend both for anyone in the market.

This tablet has some really cool options if you're artistically inclined at all. I'm 'bout straight up blown away at what you can do with the app and pen. I scribbled this out real quick just playing around.

penup_20220220_150200.jpg

That's just from like 3 minutes of goofing around with the different pen tips you can choose from. You can also shade, smear, blend and do all kinds of cool stuff with it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis