Andrew Jones and Chris Walker now with ELAC

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
As I understand the interview it's an Elac proprietary ecosystem, so Elac's discovery active speakers will only work with the Elac Discovery streamer, quite a limitation...

Am I wrong here or do you understand it the same way?, if correct it seems like some showstopper to me...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Haraldo,
One thing I will tell you for sure: Every time smart folks like AJ begin to talk very vague on expensive items my BS meter goes through the roof. Given could be limited to Elac proprietary ecosystem makes it even more so of bs-ware which I won't touch with ten foot pole.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Well there are many really good active speakers out there, you don't have to look further than Audioengine and Dynaudio, speakers are a blast and NO proprietary connectors there

No chance in the world for me too to look at active speakers that are utilizing 100% proprietary technology....

It's like if the Samba server implementation on Ubuntu could only be accessed by Ubuntu clients

The world is open now, even Microsoft is putting immense resources to make Office run in Android, ios and MacOS.

Microsoft is the favored cloud provider for Redhat enterprise linux....

IBM is making server implementations for Apple's Swift programming language and frameworks (develped for ios)

Proprietary technology is the face of legacy thinking, If Elac is utilizing proprietary connectors here, good grief guys !!!!!

I guess Bel Canto, Linn, Lyngdorf is doing some of the same.... What's wrong with you guys, you should talk!

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That RPi Audiophile DIY Streamer is looking better and better ;)

But, it's looking like the speakers only work with the Elac streamer? And the Elac streamer isn't tied only to those speakers, could be used as a source for any generic setup?

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
I agree they won't and never will compete with speakers such as TAD but in their respective categories which is for people who can't afford all that and don't know even a pinch of what all of you do about the inner working of a speaker or what it cost to make it happen, the speakers do sound great on their level but they turn to crap when TAD walks in.

It's just like I used to think my plasma was the greatest thing until I got my 4k LED, now to me, plasma is crap but it is still way awesome to others who have never seen LED

D

dluigi

Audiophyte
I came across this thread to understand what is the difference and test review between the ELAC A4 Debut Series 4" Concentric Dolby Atmos Speakers and the Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Add-on Speaker both designed by Andrew Jones for Dolby Atmos?

I would like to add height speakers for Dolby Atmos. It looks like you can add only one pair of height atmos speakers, correct?

Is it true you can only get 5.1.2 and not 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 with the Pioneer Receiver VSX-1131?

I am now trying to decide on the best bang for your buck Dolby ATmos/Height speakers to complement my Klipsich Quintet with a Pioneer SW-8MK2 Andrew Jones 100-Watt Powered Subwoofer. My living room is medium/small. I would appreciate inputs/suggestions.

Here is a short list of Atmos modules:
Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker System (Set of 2) used like new on amazon fro $90
Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Add-on Speaker designed by Andrew Jones for Dolby Atmos used like new on amazon fro $130
Pioneer SP-BS22A-LR A used for $217 (the bookshelf speaker with atmos version of SP-T22A-LR)
ELAC A4 Debut Series 4" Concentric Dolby Atmos Speakers by Andrew Jones (Pair) new $230
Klipsch RP-140SA Dolby Atmos Speaker (Pair) used like new on amazon fro $380
The onkyo is the cheapest but does it hold water and will blend well with current set?
How does the more expensive Klipsich compares against Pioneer and ELAC speekers in the list.

SO, now that Andrew Jones just moved from Pioneer to ELAC, and designed both the Pioneer and ELAC Modules, is the ELAC a noticeable improvement on the Pioneer modules?

Thank you for you replies and suggestions,
D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I came across this thread to understand what is the difference and test review between the ELAC A4 Debut Series 4" Concentric Dolby Atmos Speakers and the Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Add-on Speaker both designed by Andrew Jones for Dolby Atmos?

I would like to add height speakers for Dolby Atmos. It looks like you can add only one pair of height atmos speakers, correct?

Is it true you can only get 5.1.2 and not 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 with the Pioneer Receiver VSX-1131?

I am now trying to decide on the best bang for your buck Dolby ATmos/Height speakers to complement my Klipsich Quintet with a Pioneer SW-8MK2 Andrew Jones 100-Watt Powered Subwoofer. My living room is medium/small. I would appreciate inputs/suggestions.

Here is a short list of Atmos modules:
Onkyo SKH-410 Dolby Atmos-Enabled Speaker System (Set of 2) used like new on amazon fro $90
Pioneer SP-T22A-LR Add-on Speaker designed by Andrew Jones for Dolby Atmos used like new on amazon fro $130
Pioneer SP-BS22A-LR A used for $217 (the bookshelf speaker with atmos version of SP-T22A-LR)
ELAC A4 Debut Series 4" Concentric Dolby Atmos Speakers by Andrew Jones (Pair) new $230
Klipsch RP-140SA Dolby Atmos Speaker (Pair) used like new on amazon fro $380
The onkyo is the cheapest but does it hold water and will blend well with current set?
How does the more expensive Klipsich compares against Pioneer and ELAC speekers in the list.

SO, now that Andrew Jones just moved from Pioneer to ELAC, and designed both the Pioneer and ELAC Modules, is the ELAC a noticeable improvement on the Pioneer modules?

Thank you for you replies and suggestions,
D
In order to understand the path from Pioneer speakers to the Elac's, watch this :p

Same link that I posted earlier, but here Andrew Jones goes very well into the evolution from his Pioneer line to the Elac Debut line, it should answer all your questions.

Last edited:
D

dluigi

Audiophyte
Thank you haraldo for the link. I am now narrowing down between the Pioneer and ELac atmos speakers. Pioneer bookshelf with integrated atmos speaker might be an option if this pair can blend well with my current Quinet Klipsch. The ELAC and Pioneer atmos modules have a shape that is easier to accomodate too. The Klipsich is much more expensive,

Anyhow, the ELAC debut set seems to have improved on the Pioneer, wondering how much it affected teh atmos/height speakers specifically.

Food for thoughts.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
As far as I understand Elac Debut series is a significant step up in performance from the Andrew Jones Pioneer's

I am looking for speakers for a #2 hifi rig in our Ukraine flat and considering Elac Debut B4 or B5 against Dali Zensor 1.

Auditioning to come :p

Z

z3papa

Audiophyte
I called Elac re: questions regarding my Elac S10EQ sub which services my small family room paired with some Focal Chorus 716 towers. When it came to choosing which extension, I chose Chris thinking my question was too stupid to waste his or Andrew's time but didn't know who else to ask since I have seen his posts here and elsewhere. Ended up talking to both as they were in a meeting when I rang through. Pretty freaky but very cool. As a word to the wise, my sub has been a very nice addition and exactly what I wanted.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I called Elac re: questions regarding my Elac S10EQ sub which services my small family room paired with some Focal Chorus 716 towers. When it came to choosing which extension, I chose Chris thinking my question was too stupid to waste his or Andrew's time but didn't know who else to ask since I have seen his posts here and elsewhere. Ended up talking to both as they were in a meeting when I rang through. Pretty freaky but very cool. As a word to the wise, my sub has been a very nice addition and exactly what I wanted.
Wow, this is customer care :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis