And so the gouging begins...

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
So, how are the gas prices where you folks are today?:mad: My brother filled up yesterday for $3.29 for regular. It went up to $3.49 overnight. It is now $4.69!:mad: They are changing it every 30 minutes or so and people are lined up three, four and five deep to get it. Everyone is paniking because of Ike. I have heard rumors it's already over five bucks closer to the coast of SC.
Can you say PRICE GOUGING!

T

TheP1zzaMan

Audiophyte
gas prices

About the highest I've seen here in Houma where Gustav hit is $3.90 for regular. Seems to be that some of the gas stations are taking the warning seriously that they will be prosecuted for price gouging.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
So, how are the gas prices where you folks are today?:mad: My brother filled up yesterday for $3.29 for regular. It went up to $3.49 overnight. It is now $4.69!:mad: They are changing it every 30 minutes or so and people are lined up three, four and five deep to get it. Everyone is paniking because of Ike. I have heard rumors it's already over five bucks closer to the coast of SC.
Can you say PRICE GOUGING!

Do you mean $3.69?? If so, count yourself lucky. It's FINALLY gotten down to $4.00 a gallon here in the Bay Area.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Do you mean $3.69?? If so, count yourself lucky. It's FINALLY gotten down to $4.00 a gallon here in the Bay Area.
No, I mean $4.69. It has gone up $1.40 in less than 24 hours.:mad: As to the low prices, yes, we have had it relatively good here in the Southeast compared to the rest of the country, especially you folks over on the West Coast.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Lucky we are not in Europe. Its about 4.50 us for a LITER....:eek: they have been gettting screwed for 10 years now...

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
The range here is from $3.23 to $3.69, according to mapquest (information updated within the last half hour.)

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
It seems ridiculous that gas prices would go up at all considering that the thing hasn't hit yet and the price / barrel on the stock market has continually been declining!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It seems ridiculous that gas prices would go up at all considering that the thing hasn't hit yet and the price / barrel on the stock market has continually been declining!
Welcome to America. This seems to be much more of the norm rather than the exception. You know-exploit you before you do me kind of mentality. Personally, it is nothing more than a bunch of horse-sh*t if you ask me. Bunch of greedy bastards!!!!! :mad::mad:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It really jumped here. It is now like $3.89 a gallon and the storm hasn't even hit yet-WTF!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Phil

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Gas prices went up .13/L from last night and today some of my co-workers bragged about how they gased up last night:rolleyes:. I wonder how bad things will likely get if IKE really hits that area hard. I've being watching CNN and IKE is 12-14hrs before landfall and things don't look great with some areas already inundated with water.:(

FYI .13/Litre is equal to about .60 cents a gallon.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
No, I mean $4.69. It has gone up $1.40 in less than 24 hours.:mad: As to the low prices, yes, we have had it relatively good here in the Southeast compared to the rest of the country, especially you folks over on the West Coast.
WHOA!!! How the hell can they justify an over a dollar increase in one day?!?!? :eek:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Gas prices went up .13/L from last night and today some of my co-workers bragged about how they gased up last night:rolleyes:. I wonder how bad things will likely get if IKE really hits that area hard. I've being watching CNN and IKE is 12-14hrs before landfall and things don't look great with some areas already inundated with water.:(

FYI .13/Litre is equal to about .60 cents a gallon.
Yeah, it is really scary. I mean the gas thing sucks, but the real danger from IKE is much more of a concern. I feel bad for those that end up getting hit. Hopefully, it is not near as bad as they are predicting. I surely will be praying my heart out.

Cheers,

Phil

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Lucky we are not in Europe. Its about 4.50 us for a LITER....:eek: they have been gettting screwed for 10 years now...
Not to speak of all the toll-roads/autoroutes. If you wanna save, you take the back roads, without any center divider . . .

jinjuku

jinjuku

A German friend that has lived here in the U.S for 20 years just came back from visiting two weeks ago. :eek: eek is right. That is basically ~$12/Gallon (3.8 litres per gallon).

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I went to the gas station. No Gas. :eek: Gas has run out everywhere.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Maz, it is getting bad here too. People are so rude too which is really uncalled for. Sure, it adds stress no doubt. However, getting rude accomplishes nothing imho. Had to pre-pay here which is NOT normally required. Took me like a half-hour just to put some gas in. It normally only takes about 5-minutes at the most.

Cheers,

Phil

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Maz, it is getting bad here too. People are so rude too which is really uncalled for. Sure, it adds stress no doubt. However, getting rude accomplishes nothing imho. Had to pre-pay here which is NOT normally required. Took me like a half-hour just to put some gas in. It normally only takes about 5-minutes at the most.

Cheers,

Phil
I'm sorry for your troubles guys. Man, of both you guys have had it rough lately, that's for damn sure. I'd buy you guys a drink if you lived closer. Hope things look up sooner than later.

edit: oh wait, Phil did you say you don't drink at all? Ok, a coke then. :) Root beer float?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I love "Rude" people.

LOL...........then perhaps you need to meet both of my ex-wives. To this very day, they both are the rudest people I have ever met. :eek::eek: I thank God every day they are out of my life. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis