killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Probably doesn't mean much to you lot, but we lost a great troubadour after a long fight...

We all loved his voice. Without even noticing, numerous generations were touched by his singing. We married, celebrated, danced, fell in love, cried and died with his songs.

Here he is putting in melody one of our greatest poets:

So long

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Ever so slightly jazzy, this is from his younger days, he sings about the man whose job was to light lamps in the evening, a nameless, anonymous man who selflessly brings light and all the colours into other people's lives:

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Great voice with tight control! In a parallel universe they listen to "Simon and Dragojevic" singing "Scarborough Fair":cool::D
I don't mean to discount the music he made at all. My point is that there is a lot of musical talent in the world and the difference between being a local musician vs a international phenomenon is often a matter of being at the right place at the right time and meeting the right person at the right time.
...too bad he didn't get hooked up with the Beach Boys when they were forming, he could rock the "surfer dude" image!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Great voice with tight control! In a parallel universe they listen to "Simon and Dragojevic" singing "Scarborough Fair":cool::D
I don't mean to discount the music he made at all. My point is that there is a lot of musical talent in the world and the difference between being a local musician vs a international phenomenon is often a matter of being at the right place at the right time and meeting the right person at the right time.
...too bad he didn't get hooked up with the Beach Boys when they were forming, he could rock the "surfer dude" image!
I appreciate it. This is the first time I really felt like shedding a tear for someone whom I've never even shook hands with.

This is an ominous song about time that has stopped. The summer ended with a celebration and he is headed towards autumn not seeing the light on the other side of the smell of sorrow, emptiness, storms and not being ready to get old.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
As he wished to be buried on the island of Korčula (where I grew up), a special boat was reserved to transport him:
1533113390760.jpeg

As you can see, the entire city came to bid farewell. The white boat on the left will carry him. He was really what they call "national treasure". A lot of boats went along and accompanied him all the way to Korčula (village Vela Luka).
1533113585759.jpeg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As he wished to be buried on the island of Korčula (where I grew up),a special boat was reserved to transport him:
View attachment 25235
I see the crowds, but am very perplexed with this image. Not knowing any better, it looks like some of the boats, the docks, and the prominent tower are all on fire!
That can't be right, because the crowd at the lower right is hanging next to (and down wind of) the fire. What are they doing?!

PS - nice "funeral flotilla" in the second pic! Brings new meaning to having a "wake"!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Fire, yes. Those are torches. The ones people use at riots and football games. There were a lot of these when Croatia won silver at the world football championship and when Ivanišević won Wimbledon and when Kostelić won 3 olympic gold medals.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis