R

Rini

Audiophyte
Planning to upgrade the old speakers with a Amplifier. Kindly suggest me a model? I'm using Sony HCD-XB88AVK Compact disc deck receiver AC 110-120v /220-240w.
As these are sterio system which lacks 5.1 sourround sound. Currently I'm using panasonic 55 inch Bluetooth television. I have a budget like say 300$ and under so let me know your choice to Amp up those sterio stock speakers. I have good options on Sony, Yamaha. But I'm not familiar with which model will suit my requirement correctly. Pls suggest me some amplifier that will power my speakers up?

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't bother buying another amp/receiver for those speakers but rather get better speakers, the sound quality is mostly in the speakers. Nor is it likely that you can merely add an external amp. The current amp/receiver unit functions? A set like you have is generally intended to be used as-is, it is not friendly to upgrading one component at a time. It doesn't appear from the specs you can utilize very low impedance speakers, so even changing speakers is a limited choice. Where are you located?

R

Rini

Audiophyte
I wouldn't bother buying another amp/receiver for those speakers but rather get better speakers, the sound quality is mostly in the speakers. Nor is it likely that you can merely add an external amp. The current amp/receiver unit functions? A set like you have is generally intended to be used as-is, it is not friendly to upgrading one component at a time. It doesn't appear from the specs you can utilize very low impedance speakers, so even changing speakers is a limited choice. Where are you located?
I'm located in India as here mostly people upgrade their receivers or amplifiers. Most importantly to get a good result need to stick to it propably or change the entire set up completly. The attached Pic will give you an idea how I previously set up the speakers.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just because many people do something doesn't make it the smart thing to do....the speakers are the core of a sound system, not the electronics. Changing the entire setup for future upgrading is probably the better way to go. I'd use your system as is while I saved up for a significant change. YMMV.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Just because many people do something doesn't make it the smart thing to do....the speakers are the core of a sound system, not the electronics. Changing the entire setup for future upgrading is probably the better way to go. I'd use your system as is while I saved up for a significant change. YMMV.
I will second lovinthehd's opinion and advice: save your funds and get better speakers before you upgrade amplifiers. The highest percentage of what you actually hear comes from your speakers, not from other elements in your system. Upgrading amps when you have marginal speakers is usually a recipe for a disappointment upgrade.

I used this clothing analogy earlier in the week. I get to use it twice in one week.
Don't buy a $90 tie to put on a $20 shirt.
The shirt is the mainstay, don't adorn it with fluffy items that cost more than the main event.

If you want a real sound upgrade, start saving your funds for better speakers. It may take a while. But, you'll get a real upgrade in what you hear if you choose carefully

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In terms of better speakers your current amplifier is quite limited in what it can handle so speaker choices are also limited in that respect.

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
i just recently bought a great avr from accessories4less.com might find good deal on speakers there also,im currently debating geting a pait of canton speakers there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis