Amplifier usage without home a/v receiver

M

mahgnibb

Audiophyte
Hi All,
Years ago i had a home a/v receiver, that fed my Dayton Audio MA1260 amplifier. The amp has RCA inputs.
I would get the source of audio from the receiver then feed that to amp that would then send audio to 4 different zones in my house (all which had their own volume controllers).

My A/V receiver has been dead for some time....but now would like to get audio to my speakers throughout the house. I do not want to invest in a new a/v receiver...but here is what i would like:

1) Get a fairly basic device that can accept airplay signals (ie. audio streamed from my phone) into this device, then this device can connect to my amp via RCA cables. The device would sit next to the amp and my router,...so getting in a wifi signal via ethernet cable is simple.

My question is - what is a good device to achieve this? it seems like a fairly simple setup...but its been some time since ive done any research in this area. Any recommendations, of further questions to clarify what i'm looking to do?

Thanks!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Wiim and Sonos Connect are two major players in the streaming audio game. The Wiim is where I would lean on pricing for sure.

A single unit can be plugged into your distributed audio amplifier and the switches on the back of the amplifier can be set to whatever input your plug it into. That's the inputs on the left side of the amplifier. Typically, BUS INPUT 1. Then set each switch to look at BUS 1 under each amplifier channel as detailed in the manual.

Ask if you have more questions.

M

mahgnibb

Audiophyte
Thanks guys! The WiiM look like it is exactly what i was looking for.
My speakers are already hard-wired, Amp feeds the speakers, and i'll use the WiiM to get audio to the Amp. I was looking for something simple so i can just activate the music from my phone (or anyone on my network with the App) so they can play the music. Seems perfect.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
You can also hook your phone up to it via a Y cord from your headphone jack. The only thing that makes this less popular is because most people cannot put the phones down long enough. Using it as a pre amp is about the only valid reason I can see for the things, outside of actual phone calls.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis