Amplifier for Dali zenzor 7

M

miklek65

Audioholic Intern
hi,
my friend currently running an onkyo A9110 amp with Dali Zenzor 7 speakers and he is not quite happy with the amp itself, he thinks it is a weak link in the system. What amplifier would be a better match for these speakers?
Thanks

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Could be the source material, amp or even your room acoustics. I think that amp is 50watts, maybe not enough and the speaker manufacturer is recommending 40-150 watts

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It looks like the Onkyo amp is not powerful enough to drive your friend's Dali's. As a matter of fact, it's rated at 50 watts/ch with a 4 ohm load, so it outputs less than that power to a the Senzor 7, a 6 ohm loudspeaker, something like 30-35 watts which is really insufficient.

What I would recommend is the Yamaha A-S501 integrated amp. This amplifier has a rated power of 85 watts/ch for an 8 ohm load. It would output at least 110 watts/ch to a 6 ohm loudspeaker. That would represent an ideal match for your Dali's. However, I think there's a strong possibility that it's production was discontinued. I would suggest that you verify with Crutchfield as they show it as being out of stock. The A-S701 which is available would be another option. It is slightly more powerful and more expensive. With Crutchfield, you have the possibility of returning it if for any reason, it does not satisfy your needs.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis